so many readers, so few posts

Susan J.
on 1/22/10 4:53 am - Madison, TN

I know you're out there, I can see the numbers go up for posts being viewed.

We need to talk to each other folks!! Where are all of our Chatty Cathies...or Talkative Toms?

Are those crickets I'm hearing??

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 1/22/10 9:54 am
Sorry Susan!

I'm guilty of such... I come to the site everyday, but have not posted in a while.

I need to start providing more expertise/experience myself!

Michael
Sniffles...
on 1/22/10 10:11 am - Hendersonville, TN

Here is a post for you!

I took the written psych eval at Vandy yesterday... consisted of 3 separate sections... and 782 questions all together!!! If I wasn't crazy before, I am now!!!

Most random question... by memory, so not an exact quote... true or false... "I do not like to receive ads in the mail for stores/activities that I do not like" or something to that effect...

Well, yeah... I'm not a fan of junk mail... but how does that relate to whether I'm crazy?!? :-) LOL!

I mean... most of them I totally understood where they were coming from... they were related to OCD, paranoia, delusional, manic/depressive, drug/alchohol issues, binging/purging, etc.

But what was that question all about? ...just to make sure I was paying attention, perhaps? HA! HA!

So... quick update to all... I see the psychiatrist on 02/03 for the face-to-face. After I clear that, they can submit my paperwork to BCBS PPO FED VIP for approval and then I'm on my way! When I see you guys at the next Lunch Bunch, I'll probably be just 2-3 weeks pre-op. YAY!!!

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
Bob L.
on 1/22/10 12:32 pm - Clarksville, TN

It seems logical to me.  If you said you enjoy junk mail they would think your crazy and put you on their mailing list! BwaHahaha!!!!!
C'ya Bob

t2nashville
on 1/25/10 4:47 am
Congrats, Sniffles! So happy and proud for you! You are on your way!

Amy_Baggett
on 1/23/10 3:50 am - Monterey, TN
Hello my name is Amy and I'm one of the ones who has been lurking... (lately).   

To be honest, I have been so proud of everyone's accomplishments and meeting goals, and I've been pouty cause I haven't had any lately.   SO...   I will try and do better..   :)  not just with posting but with meeting my goals as well..  

I'm thinking it is time for a challenge?!?!?!  

HUGS
CharleeG
on 1/23/10 5:28 am - Jonesboro, AR
I just posted for info about my consult & psych eval. I live in AR but was in Memphis for 16 years. Does that meet criteria for an honorary semi-Tennesseean? Unless something goes hideously wrong, I plan to have the DS in Nashville with Dr. Houston just as soon as they can schedule it.

Sniffles (One of my favorite cartoon characters!), that test was a version of the MMPI. Quite odd, wasn't it?
psychology.about.com/od/psychologicaltesting/a/mmpi.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inve ntory

mford247
on 1/23/10 6:51 am - Nashville, TN
I must admit that I am always lurking around this site too.  I guess I should officially introduce myself, My name is Monicia and I am getting banded, hopefully in April 2010. 

I look at all the Tennessee post as well as the lap band.  I haven't had my surgery yet, so I am mainly trying to find out as much information about what to expect.  Dr. Spaw will be my surgeon as well and I have Cigna Insurance and two more visits w/my PCP before my paperwork can be submitted for approval.  I did have my psych. eval. on Jan. 14, 2010 and it was truly painless and only cost me $20 bucks, which was great.  I would have to say that the results from answering all of those questions were dead on when it comes to my personality.

Michael S.
on 1/23/10 1:48 pm
Welcome!!!!

We are always happy to great a new person!  Please attend a lunch bunch, they are fun and you meet some great people!!

Let us know if you have any questions, we are a great bunch of poeple!!

Michael.
Sniffles...
on 1/23/10 7:17 am - Hendersonville, TN
CharleeG - Yes. One of the three was the MMPI. They had me stop at question 370 on that one. There were at least another 250 to go... It took a little over 2 hours to complete it all.

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
Most Active
Recent Topics