1 Week follow up & Drain Out...BUT....

RhondaDenise
on 1/21/10 4:36 am - Crossville, TN
Just a quick update.   Went for my 1 week followup with Dr. H and got the tube out.  He said all looks good.

THen he asked about my Protein intake.  Of course it has been pretty much NIL.  So he yelled , ok maybe not yelled but was definetly not happy with me.

So on the way home, stopped at GNC in Cookeville and got some AMP.  They said best way is to get it really cold and the taste is not so bad.  So home now and drinking it on ice.  And have to say, so much better than Isopure.

So on Monday I start Stage 2 for 2 weeks. 

The last 2 days have been good I have been able to get a good 50 oz in.

So now have been scolded and hopefully know better now.  I will try to do better.

So here's to the next couple of days of Amp. 

Rhonda

Susan J.
on 1/21/10 7:44 am - Madison, TN

Congrats on a good report and good riddance to the drain. I didn't have one after my RNY but lived with 5 of them for 3 weeks after my plastics.

As for the AMP versus Isopure...I have never tried AMP but I believe 2 day old dirty dishwater would taste better than Isopuke!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

RhondaDenise
on 1/21/10 7:57 am - Crossville, TN
Oh my that Isopure was so nasty.  I thought I was gonna vomit.

The AMP we got at GNC and it is way better than the other.  The lady at GNC says it really helps to have it cold.  I poured mine over Ice and I already got 1 down.  The 2 flavors they had was Tropical Punch (which I had) and Blueberry (have not had yet).

So hopefully now on my way to the protein I need.

Rhonda
Ronda S.
on 1/21/10 9:13 am - Cookeville, TN

Sounds like you are doing good, I know protein was hard with the unjury and clear liquid stuff. BUT, like Dr. Houston said you must get some down, I drink the Amp in those flavors, over ice early out and sometimes watered down helped me. I'm proud of you, hang in there. I gets better everyday, just keep chugging along with liquids and protein. Did you try Carbmaster yogurt Yet?

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Most Active
Recent Topics