Gym and the scale!

Telisha
on 1/20/10 10:11 pm
Ok so I am back in the gym after taking a little break over the holidays (like 2 months) and my scale seems to be moving in the wrong direction!! I know "muscle weighs more than fat" but talk about demotivating! I know I need to keep going, but I have fought for every pound I have lost and I dont want them back! Anyone have any tips for weight loss and working out? Should I increase my protein? I only have (or had) 27 lbs to goal. I am down to my last hard few pounds and I want them gone already!

Thanks for all the advice.

Sher

Susan J.
on 1/21/10 7:41 am - Madison, TN

Your body may be holding onto a bit more fluid due to your increased exercise. Muscles tend to hold onto fluid when we start really working them. Keep it up and you should be rewarded with a nice drop on the scales once the fluid starts leaving. Make sure to drink plenty of water to encourage the muscles to let go of the fluid.

Good for you for getting back in the gym. You wanna come kick my butt into gear too?

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Nancy W.
on 1/22/10 10:08 pm - Sevierville, TN
Most Active
Recent Topics