Indigestion(?) is back

ErikaAnn
on 1/15/10 5:04 am, edited 1/15/10 5:08 am - MT. JULIET, TN
I have been having a tiny bit of indigestion...I haven't even has a hint since PRE-OP!   I'm a tiny bit scared---what do you long-timers think? I had the RNY--Thanks, Erika

2Corinthians 5:7

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/10 6:54 am - Sevierville, TN
Erika,
 LOVE the new avi! You look great. I'm not a long timer but after my surgery I was told to stay on my Prilosec indefinitely. He actually ordered Prevacid but my insurance wouldnt cover it. Prilosec is my old standby so I went back to it. I know some surgeons recommend an antacid daily forever, but others dont. Maybe you should call your surgeon and see what he thinks.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Karen
Michael S.
on 1/15/10 6:59 am, edited 1/15/10 6:59 am
I only had to take the antacid for one year post op.  I no longer take it, but a couple of days ago I had a very, very minor case of heartburn, but it went away as quick as it came.

I would keep an eye on it and let your doctor know if it continues for any length of time.

Michael.
mcswindle
on 1/15/10 8:23 am - Franklin, KY
I've been taking Protonix since my surgery 2yrs. ago.  When I went for my 2yr. checkup my dr. told me I didn't have to keep taking it so I stopped.  Well, I started having some tummy trouble so I have started back on the protonix.  It's only been a couple days so I don't know yet if that is what the problem is.  Check with your doctor to see if you need to start on something like that.  Good luck and hope you feel better.
BTW, thanks for the comments on my 2yr anniversary post.  I am very proud and sooooo happy!

Kenneth C.
on 1/18/10 3:29 am - Hendersonville, TN
 I also started to have some indigestion a few months ago. Dr. Williams attributed it to too much acid production on the old stomach and had me start taking OTC Prilosec. He said it was quite common and that cleared it up for me.

As others have said, if it continues, I'd  recommend seeing your doctor.

Thanks
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

mrs. neenaj
on 1/19/10 7:57 am
My dr. recommends it for 1 yr. post-op but I will be 2 yrs next month and take protonix daily and it still isn't working. I'm going to be making an appt with my dr. soon for this problem and another issue that is bothering me. It's time for my 2 yr check-up anyway so if you're concerned, I would call the dr.
Photobucket
ErikaAnn
on 1/20/10 3:00 am, edited 1/20/10 3:00 am - MT. JULIET, TN
First of all, thanks for all your responses!  I knew I could count on my OH buds!
Second, this is great to hear that some of you all have this a little bit--once again my imagination was going into overload.  I was so afraid that so close to my surgiversary, I had done something to blow my sweet little pouch.My next appointment is around the 1st of Feb, so I'll talk to them then.

Thanks a lot guys!  You're the BEST! Erika

2Corinthians 5:7

Most Active
Recent Topics