Yeah..switched and now home

RhondaDenise
on 1/15/10 3:59 am - Crossville, TN
Hi everyone,

Just a quick check in before I go la down.  So tired.

Got switched on Monday morning and came home today (Fri).

Being totally honest, when I woke up Monday afternoon, I told my DH please send me back and put everthing back where it goes.  What did I get myself into?  Then I pushed my pain button and things were ok again for a bit.  Next day felt like I had been run over by a tractor trailer at least 20 times back and forth.  Pushed my friend the button and things were good again.

Wed I had a bout of coughing and something came loose and blood everwhere.  Dr H came in next day said it was probably my drain but if it would make me feel better to stay another day then by all means.  Decided to stay the extra day.  I didn't want to take any chances and me living 2 hours away.

It did get a little easier each day.  Very difficult getting liquids in.  I kept getting acid reflux.  My best friend is ice and water. (my BFF since they took my button away)

Now home and drinking that Fuze slenderize stuff Tropical punch mixed with ice and water, very tolerable.  Cant seem to do Crystalight yet gives me bad acid reflux.  Of course the Lortab they give me gives me AR also.  At least they were giving me shots of Pepcid thank god.

I have the best DH ever, he stayed with me the whole time in the hospital sleeping on that very uncomfortable chair that pulls out.  Right now he is in town getting my prescriptions a thermometer and chewable pepcid.

OK I have rambled on and didn't mean to, I am ready for a nap.

John it was awesome seeing you again, man you look FANTASTIC.

Talk to ya'll soon.

Rhonda Denise

jharrington8172
on 1/15/10 5:08 am - Hermitage, TN
Rhonda it was so good to see you and your DH.   I am glad you are home and resting.  If you need anything just let me know.   Welcome to the Dark Side.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Ronda S.
on 1/15/10 6:33 am - Cookeville, TN
Girl, I'm so proud for you.  The pain gets a little better everyday, by 3 weeks out all my soreness was gone.  Ok, Sip as much water as often as you can, or whatever fluid tastes good. That is the most important thing. Next, walk around slowly and then rest . The gas and soreness gets better the more you move around. Not anything major, just around the house. Do not lift more than a gallon of milk. Let me know or John if you have any questions or just want to talk.  Hope to see you next month at the support group meeting. I'll be pming you to see how you are.

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

RhondaDenise
on 1/15/10 7:40 am - Crossville, TN
Thanks so much to you 2.  You are the one's that got me going on this. 

I am excited.  Now, how do I make my tongue feel better.  It is so raw and sore.  Still haven't figured ot why.

So thirsty, water I love.

Thanks,

Rhonda
Ronda S.
on 1/15/10 8:09 am - Cookeville, TN

My throat was really sore, but I don't remember my tongue being sore. You may have some thrush (yeast). If it doesn't get better by Monday, call Dr. Houston. It could just be where they had the tube in your throat. Has it been like that since surgery?

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

RhondaDenise
on 1/15/10 9:57 am - Crossville, TN
Hi Ronda,

Yeah it's been that way since surgery.  Even layng a popsickle on it hurts.  I am assuming it is from the tube cuz the roof of my mouth is pretty sore also.

So far being at home is wonderful, although I have to keep it in my mind, sip, sip sip.  I just get full so quickly.  And the dreaded acid reflux is back.  Dr. H several weeks should go away.  Gosh I hope so.

Just took a dose of Lortab.  Had a nice walk, used my breathing thingy.  Gonna empty my drain thing here shortly and get ready for an uninterrupted night's sleep.  Those every 4 hour visits got to be a bit much.

The only thing I am craving right now is a Diet Coke with Lime.  Oh my how I miss that.  I can just imagine the taste and the bubbles going down my throat feeling good.  But that's alright, I am loving my nice cold water.

Just glad to be home.

Rhonda
Susan O.
on 1/15/10 12:25 pm - Algood, TN
Rhonda, 
Glad to see that your journey has started,  I promise it will get easier.  At first it will be hard to drink much, just try to get in as much as you are able.  It will all be worth it in the end.  I promise.  Maybe by next month you will feel able to make the new DS support group at Cookeville Regional.
Hang on tight, cause you are in for the ride of your life.   
Hope to see you again, soon.

Susan O'

MerryMary
on 1/15/10 10:35 pm - Brentwood, TN
Rhonda,

Glad to see you are home and the surgery was uneventful.  It does get easier as you heal.  Listen to your body.  Walk to build strength, but stay close to home and the bed because I found that I would be fine, then totally exhausted in a matter of minutes.

Take care of your new baby tummy.  You are going to do great!
Mary

Terry C.
on 1/20/10 1:02 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Welcome to the world of DS!  I'm glad you are doing well.  You'll find each day gets easier.

Hope to meet you at a future support meeting!
Terry Lynn

Most Active
Recent Topics