2 year surgiversary

mcswindle
on 1/13/10 7:33 pm - Franklin, KY
2 years ago today I started on the journey of a lifetime.  I had Gastric Bypass surgery and I've never regretted it.  Those of you on here that know me know the problems that I had in the first 14 months after surgery.  Even with everything I've been through I have said that  I would still have the surgery. A few of the problems I had were NOT WLS related.  One problem was but it was fixed in March 2009 and I've never felt better. 
For those of you just starting, get ready for the most amazing journey you could imagine.
For all you "old timers", hang in there and keep doing what you're doing.
I'm not the best with putting my feelings into words so I can't really describe how I feel.  It's been a wonderful 2 years.  Even now it's amazing to see the looks on some people's faces when they find out that I used to be 281 lbs.  I keep my before pictures in my purse along with a picture of me standing in one leg of my size 24 jeans.  I am now in a size 6 and would have never thought it possible without the wonderful talent of Dr. James McDowell.  He saved my life and I can never thank him enough.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

PS- will post a new picture maybe this afternoon.

Susan J.
on 1/13/10 11:04 pm - Madison, TN

I know I've watched your entire journey but I can honestly say I do not remember what you looked like in the beginning. I just know the gorgeous lady I see now.

Yours has been an amazing journey and you continue to be an inspiration. Congratulations!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

SCOTT O.
on 1/14/10 4:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Hey McSwindle~  I always loved that name!  Congrats Melissa.  I know it's been a rough couple of years, but it seems things have turned the corner,and look at ya now!  I'm reminded of the  old cigarette commercial..."You've come a long way baby!"

I'm like Susan, and don't remember what you looked liked before!  So I went back through some older pics to see what I could find!

Walk From Obesity 2008

You've done fantastic Melissa!  Keep it up!

ErikaAnn
on 1/15/10 5:12 am - MT. JULIET, TN
Congratulations!  You should be so proud!!!

2Corinthians 5:7

Most Active
Recent Topics