had surgery 12-29-09.. what can i eat?

brittneydiaw1
on 1/8/10 10:40 am
I am suppose to be able to start eating solid foods starting on tuesday but I just dont want to wait?! Did anyone eat before that?
SCOTT O.
on 1/8/10 8:58 pm, edited 1/8/10 8:59 pm - Nashville, TN
First of all...CONGRATS on your surgery!!!!

In your post, you did not say when you had surgery, so I don't know how far out you are.  (I went back and saw you had surgery on 12/29.) I'm not a Dr. just a WLS patient like yourself, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  

Your Doc says you can start eating solids on Tuesday.  OK, I can understand wanting to try them now.  Listen to you Doc and wait, that's my honest opinions.  

If you start pushing the envelope now, then what's the next thing you might want to try, earlier than you should?

If you are recently post-op, which I assume you are, take your time!  Take this stage and learn all you can, and enjoy the benefits from your surgery. Learn new ways to eat.  Talk to post-ops who have traversed this same road before you.  Start implementing new and improved ways of doing things.

I don't mean to be rude with my statements, but there will be a day in the future where life will catch up with you and you'll struggle.  Hopefully you want, but it happens.  Heck, everyday is a struggle with food and I'm 2 years out.  I feel good about where I'm at, but it is still a struggle.

Take some time, talk to your Doc and wait till Tuesday to have that first bite of solid food!

Good Luck and
"BREATHE"!!!!!

Holler if you ned anything!

Edited to add surgery date!
Most Active
Recent Topics