Santa perk

Susan J.
on 12/21/09 12:31 am - Madison, TN

Yesterday was the final Tea With Santa at The Hermitage Hotel. The hotel provided us with a room for Santa to relax in between the 2 teas and I took him lunch and then waited in the room while he did the second tea of the day. Bill finished the last tea about 4 o'clock so we were leaving the hotel about the same time as all the foot traffic from the Titans game was coming through.

The valets were backed up so I stepped back inside the hotel to stay warm while we waited for our car to be brought around. I finally saw the valet whip our (my) car around (in reverse!!) to the front of the hotel.

If you've never stayed at or been to The Hermitage Hotel let me tell you this is one of the few that still has a doorman, in a top hat no less, that opens the door for you. As I stepped through the front doors of the hotel I came face to face with Vince Gill coming in as I was going out!!

Let me tell ya...he looked a lot better in person than he did on TV yesterday when they showed him in the announcers booth during the game. He is just so darn cute and he always has that sweet little boy grin like he is just enjoying life! He did thank the doorman and said hi to Santa and then me. He is truly a Southern Gentleman.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 12/21/09 2:32 am
That is awesome Susan!

I think that we all forget that we live in a city that you are more likely to run into a "Star" than most other cities besides New York or LA.

Glad you had a good time!

Michael.
fbsummers
on 12/21/09 4:20 am, edited 12/21/09 4:20 am

Hey Susie Q!

Just one more shout out for how human and kind the Nashville "stars" are...I think that I have told you that my daddy is in an assisted living facility over in Burton Hills.  Amy Grant's parents are living at the same facility.  She and Vince did a full scale Christmas show for the residents last week.  It was the nicest thing I have seen in years!  They brought the whole band and just sat and entertained all of those sweet little old folks who may or may not have even known who they were.  If I didn't love them before - I sure do now!  My daddy has no idea who that "cute little girl" was who came to sing for them.  All he knows is that he got to sing along with some Christmas carols and he really liked it.

God bless Amy and Vince!  They are good southern folk!

Before WLS              

Before......   Surgery......  Post-op.....
t2nashville
on 12/23/09 2:32 am
In the job I have, I have been fortunate enough to meet Barbara Mandrell, Naomi Judd, Lee Greenwood, Jeff Fisher, and several others *****side in Nashville. Saw Vince in a ToysRUs one time! They are all so gracious and kind, especially to those of us who get a little starstruck when we meet them. Glad you got this opportunity, Susan! I'm still on the lookout for Keith and Nicole!

Most Active
Recent Topics