TN forum Christmas last night

Cheryl P.
on 12/19/09 8:56 pm, edited 12/19/09 11:39 pm - Antioch, TN
I would like to thank everyone that was able to make it last night. Phil and I had a blast. We had a total of 22 with 11 of them being WLS patients and we had lost a total of 1,524 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank Melinda for bringing the two additional door prizes.

I hope everyone had a great time, sorry I wasn't must of a hostess and I want to thank my DH for taking over.

As he said, we are going to step back and concentrate on the Parker's for awhile. We have alot going on right now and we need to focus on us and our situation's. I will not be handling the DC anymore, so anyone that want's to take it over and keep it going, by all means please do. If it is where we  Phil and I can we will try to make the LB and DC whenever possible. I hope everyone understands.

We will be reading and keeping up with everyone on the board. I wish everyone the best in their WLS journey no matter what stage you are in.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Cheryl

melsreturn
on 12/19/09 9:58 pm, edited 12/19/09 9:58 pm - Madison, TN
Thanks to both Cheryl and Phil for putting the gathering together. We had a wonderful time!

Photobucket

SheliaB
on 12/19/09 11:02 pm, edited 12/19/09 11:27 pm - Nashville, TN

I too enjoyed myself and thank all of you for making me feel welcome after being away for sometime. 
Phil and Cheryl, I understand when you say that you need to focus on the Parkers, because we all need to do that at times, but you can still step back and continue to be a part of the group.  TRUST Me, when I say this journey is NOT possible without a support group, those that know my situation, can verify what I am saying as I tried it and we know the results to that.. I have been known for saying this in the past, but  a TRUE Support System is one that understands that there is the good, the bad, and the ugly to WLS and if everyone was to honestly admit this, they would know that for the success of ourselves and that of others, it is essential to be positive and supportive to one another as encouragement is the best thing for success than anything else.
To all of the old to everyone else, but New to me friends,  I enjoyed meeting each of you and I sure hope my playing Dirty Santa did not give me a bad reputation with one of my new friends????!!!!!  BTW, Missy the ornament does look beautiful on my Christmas tree!!!! LOL   I will say this, both you and Tina were picked on quite a bit!!!
For all of my old friends, YES Stacey, that includes you!!!! LOL,  It was very difficult for me to come last night and a HUGE step to getting back on track!!  I do not know if you will ever understand how touched I was when each of you welcomed me as if I had not been away.  My situation has been difficult and it is something that I must live with for the rest of my life, but who knows why God has chosen me for this I may never know.  However, one thing I do know is that  Christmas is a time of blessings and last night, I do believe that I was blessed and for that, I thank each of you and pray that each of you are blessed this season and all of the years to come!!
Merry Christmas!!
Shelia

Cheryl P.
on 12/19/09 11:42 pm - Antioch, TN
Thank you both for the kind words. Yes will be stepping back, but we will still be in the group, just not so much in the planning department. Ya'll will not get rid of us that easily.............lol We could have not made it as far as we did without each of you.

Cheryl

SheliaB
on 12/20/09 12:22 am, edited 12/20/09 12:22 am - Nashville, TN

THAMAKEMFEEBETTER!!!

SCOTT O.
on 12/20/09 3:47 pm, edited 12/21/09 2:11 am - Nashville, TN
k9ophile
on 12/22/09 7:22 am, edited 12/22/09 7:44 am
It sounds like a very good time was had by all.  I'd say I was sorry I missed it, however, I was up in Ohio and had the best trip I've had in years.  There is definitely an advantage to traveling while not so super morbidly obese.  Next year, I fully intend to go to Centennial's Annual party as well as make more LBs and DC meet ups in Nashville.  I have enjoyed getting to meet so many of the fine people we have here in TN and are making this journey with me.

Cheryl, you will be missed,  Yet, I applaud your decision to slow down and focus on you and Phil.  You both are treasures and you need to do all it takes to continue this wellness trip.  Of course, I am selfish because you taking care of you will allow you to come back better and stronger and I do so cherish your contributions.  Thanks for thinking of me!

Merry Christmas to you and Phil!

Hugs!

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active
Recent Topics