One year ago today...

Amy_Baggett
on 12/9/09 2:04 am - Monterey, TN
It is hard to believe what a wild ride this year has been!!!   A year ago I had my WLS,  I was cruising along doing great until the "snag" in August with the tumors on my kidneys.  When I got over that, I was transferred to a different school further away from the Y...   but I resolved to make it work.     But after a month of working out, and getting back on track..   the flu hit!!!   

I have struggled, as I am sure many do, but, this past week, I joined a gym in the town where I'm teaching, I am keeping track of my food and fluid intake again, and I'm getting back down to business. 

I just felt so much better after I worked out the other day, which was so nice to have that good but tired feeling.  So while I am not a poster child for WLS, or for the band, I am happy with my decision to have surgery, and I've got a ways to go still, but I will get there!!

I've been absent from the boards and more, which was dumb, yeah, I'll say it, I was dumb!!  Cause when I was slumping is when I should have been looking for support!!!

So Happy One Year Surgerversary (however that is spelled)

I look forward to my second year and more weight coming off!!!

HUGS
Amy
k9ophile
on 12/9/09 2:45 am
Well, young lady, it's about time we heard from you.  I was fixing to put out an APB on you.

So happy to hear that things continue to go well.  Looks like things have slowed down this month for the Cookeville area luncheons, but come January we'll get it fired up again.

Merriest of Christmases to you and your little guy:)

HUGS back at ya!

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Susan J.
on 12/9/09 3:49 am - Madison, TN
You've come a long way with a number of bumps in the road. Be proud of what you've done for yourself, we are.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Cheryl P.
on 12/9/09 5:05 am - Antioch, TN
Hey Amy, so darn good to hear from you. Gosh as it really been a year allready? That is hard to believe. You have done awesome considering with everything that has been going on with you. You were talking about getting back on track, I feel your pain for sure. I will know sometime after the 1st of the year what procedure I will be having and when. I'm like you I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and ready to kick butt even if it's mine.......lol Keep your chin up and keep a posting. I miss talking with you. I think of you when me and Phil get to make it to a Predators game. Our offer is still open, if you and Conner are ever down this way and it is where we can get our hands on extra tickets, they are yours.

Cheryl

KittenLove
on 12/9/09 5:38 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Whoo hoo to you!! So glad to see you on here again!

Be happy. 

cathyteal
on 12/10/09 9:34 pm - Arlington, TN
Good to have you back my friend.  I've been a little lax too.  So many of our old Friends don't post anymore.  I miss them.  I love the new folks, but really miss the old folks who helped me through my trip to the losers bench. 

I have had a real slowdown in weight loss too, but it is still coming off...just slowly.  I am keeping the faith and enjoying the new me.  If I must say so myself........I am looking GOOD! and feeling good too.  I lost two pounds last week.  after two pounds lost in two months!  Thank goodness I can see it coming off again.  Some say I need to reconsider my goal.  I had it at 145 and am at 171 this morning   Maybe 155 would be a little more realistic.  I am 5' 6. 

Oh well,.....I am 10 months from surgery... My 1 year is Feb.  Life is good

I know you have had all kins of obstacles.   You are my inspiration!  I care about you.  Keep your chin up.   Give Conner a Hug from West Tn. 

Love ya girl.
HW/297 SW/265 CW/206 GW/165  Lowest Weight 171 (12-09)

t2nashville
on 12/11/09 3:19 am
Hey Amy! It's good to see you posting again. Life gets so busy that I'm not on here as much anymore either, but I do check in occasionally. I was pleasantly surprised to see your post and can't believe it's been a year! I'm so proud of you for overcoming the obstacles that you've been faced with this year, and I continue to pray for your complete healing. Keep up the good work!

Most Active
Recent Topics