Plastics in Nashville that will help me!

KittenLove
on 12/1/09 4:41 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I have Cigna with the coverage for abdominalplasty and the list of surgeons that Cigna gave me for the East TN area refuses to do "cosmetic" work thru insurance (I've already complained).

So, can you all recommend a plastic surgeon in the Nashville area that will work with insurance on this?

Be happy. 

melsreturn
on 12/1/09 8:42 am - Madison, TN
I hope you don't mind that I found another thread in the list and copied this from it

BilsRib, PdSmile had Dr. Wagstrom
Lghthswtchr and I had Dr. Hueneke
mchael3167 went to Dr. Griffin
All of these 3 doctors have done, and deal with wls patients. 
Other doctors in the area who do wls patients are:  Dr. Fleming, Dr. Melinda Haws, Dr. Gengrass.
The best thing you can do is to talk to your gastric surgeon and find out who he or she refers to.  That means a lot when your doctor can refer you to someone.  They won't want to lead you astray.

Someone else on here had Dr. Tierney.

And there are a few others but I cannot remember who and what doctor they went to

KittenLove
on 12/1/09 9:48 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Mel,

no worries about copying!!

I've consulted with those referred by my surgeon but its the insurance thing that is getting in the way...I've called every surgeon on Cigna's list in this area and either they don't do bariatric patients OR they don't deal with insurance. It's crazy!

Be happy. 

SCOTT O.
on 12/2/09 2:18 am - Nashville, TN
Nice avatar!  Try Dr Wagstrom.  My wife is having her surgery on Dec 14 with Dr Wagstrom.  We have Cigna with the State, and part of the surgery was approved.

It's worth a try!
KittenLove
on 12/2/09 5:56 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Thanks, Scott!

Hmmmm....wonder who helped me with the avatar?

I have Cigna with the state, too, was it hard to get approved? did you all have to submit a TON of documentation just like they say in their guidelines?

Be happy. 

SCOTT O.
on 12/2/09 6:04 am - Nashville, TN
Actually it went fairly easy.  Beth went to Dr Wagstrom, and that's all it took!
SheliaB
on 12/2/09 11:40 am - Nashville, TN
The best piece of advise I can give is to make sure that you choose the correct surgeon and a definate one with WLS experience.  If you can check out peoples profiles to se their results and opinions.  Trust me, this is one very costly surgery and if you do not have a surgeon that can provide you with great results, you will forever be depressed.  This is a depression that you can never get over!!  Good Luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics