X-post: Nashville DSers--support group news!

JennType1
on 11/19/09 8:20 am - Middle of, TN
I'm the unofficial messenger here--I just received a flyer from Dr. Spaw's office, and there is indeed going to be a DS-dedicated support group now at Baptist. Hurray!!

It's open to anyone, regardless of where they had their surgery. Also welcome are pre-ops, families, and VSGs (particularly if the VSG is part of a 2-part DS).

The first meeting will meet on Jan. 4 @ 5:30 pm at Baptist. I think it will be in the Guy Bates conference center (near Dr. Spaw's office), which is where they have the RNY support group. The meetings are set for the first Monday of the month thereafter, except for September--that one will be on the 2nd Monday, due to Labor Day.

The leader will be Paula Duncan, who is the clinical nurse coordinator there. She's an RNYer herself, so let's hope we don't shock her too badly with out wayward, fat-eating DS ways!

If you want more details from Paula or want to be on the mailing list, you can reach her at [email protected].

I personally am super-excited about this. I've really been longing for a DS group in real life, so I really hope we can gets lots of DS folks to come and have a lot of fun and learning.

Jenn
Type 1 diabetic, 26 years
With great power (the DS!) comes great responsibility.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 8:12 am
Just wanted to add to Jenn's announcement.  We actually will be meeting in the Office Lobby on Jan 4.  We will be deciding on a name of the Support Group and working on topics for upcoming meetings.  So come with your ideas!

And dont worry Jenn, Ya'll cant shock me!
Most Active
Recent Topics