8 week pureed diet help

maggielou
on 11/17/09 9:40 pm
i  had surgery on 11/9 and now on the "wonderful" pureed diet.  I am having a real hard time finding things that taste good to eat.  The only thing so far is oatmeal with a half a scoop of protein powder, carbmaster yogurt and tuna fish.  Any suggestions?

Also I have a question regarding he protein powder-- at the hospital i go a bag of samples of protein powders. is it okay to add a little more water then what the directions say?  please help

Susan J.
on 11/18/09 3:50 am - Madison, TN

Try low fat or fat free ricotta with a little low sugar spaghetti sauce. Heat in microwave and add a sprinkle of parmesan if you wish;

Scrambled egg - scramble it very soft and moist;

egg salad made with a smidge of low fat mayo;

soft boiled egg;

It is okay to add a bit more water to the protein powder if you wish. Add a little at a time until you get the consistency and strength you want. Just remember to keep any unused portion tightly sealed in the refrigerator and consume it within 24 hours of mixing.

Also, keep in mind that nothing is really going to "taste good" right now. Concentrate on getting your fluids and protein and give it time. For these first few weeks or even months eating may come to feel like a chore but it will get better.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

barbiej
on 11/18/09 4:23 am - Goodlettsville, TN
I had some fat-free re-fried beans, be sure to add some beef broth to it. To make it slightly soupy. I didn't like mine as thick. Then  gradually add shredded cheese to top of it. You can make it the thickness you wish.

Michael S.
on 11/18/09 5:23 am
I ate lots of canned checken... even tho it is not "puree" it is processed enough that it is ok on your new pouch.

DO NOT eat chicken you've cooked yourself yet tho because it will cause problems.

Call Paula at the surgery center and she will also be able to help you out (first hand experience)

Michael.
Most Active
Recent Topics