Dr. Boyce (Knoxville) Question

sdld2001
on 11/10/09 8:54 am - Summerville, SC
I just got back from his siminar and am looking over the packet we have to fill out. In the section that describes what they want from your PCP it says "We will need you PCP's office notes including records that list your weight each year for the past 5 years." I'm afraid that may be my only hang up in getting the surgery. I currently do not have a PCP (I will be going to establish care and for medical clearance in a few weeks) and have not had one since I still lived at home. I have been extremely fortunate that (to my knowledge) I do not have any medical problems and the very few times I've been sick as an adult I've just gone to a walk-in clinic and I think that has been at least 10 years ago. Otherwise, the only time I've ever been to a doctor is when I was pregnant (last time over 5 years ago).

I'm not sure what to do about this. Is it a firm requirement for him? Is there anyway around it other than just waiting another 5 years???
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 11:53 am - Sevierville, TN
It probably isn't Dr. Boyce. It is probably what is required from your insurance and Dr. Boyce's office is simply telling you what you will have to have to get approved. I had to have chart notes from my pcp to get approved. I note from each year for 5 consecutive years that listed my vitals blood pressure and weight. Proof of obesity for the previous 5 years is a common insurance request.

Karen
sdld2001
on 11/10/09 10:26 pm, edited 11/10/09 11:47 pm - Summerville, SC
I just got off the phone with their office and it's not necessarily an insurance requirement she said she just likes to have that info to back up why you need the surgery in their approval request. My insurance doesn't require it, so she said not to worry about it. They also don't require a 6-month diet. YEAH!
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
angie09
on 11/12/09 10:36 pm
You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Boyce...  His staff is wonderful!!!  I had my surgery with Dr. Boyce on June 30th, 2009..  It has been the best experience of my life.  I wish I had of had this done sooner.  Best of luck to you... 

Angie

So Thankful!!!    
Most Active
Recent Topics