lapband vs. relize band

angelina-christophers
MOM

on 11/10/09 5:21 am - hendersonville, TN
is there Really a difference between the 2? .. I was just wondering if there was ??.. thanks
angelina-christophers
MOM

on 11/10/09 5:23 am - hendersonville, TN
sorry about the spelling in the heading... my brain gets ahead of me sometimes....

MerryMary
on 11/10/09 10:57 pm, edited 11/10/09 10:57 pm - Brentwood, TN
I am not sure of the answer to your question.  However, I did want to say that before you decide on the band, do your research on other surgeries and determine which is best for you.

I had the lap band done in 2006 and was never really successful with it.  It is the least invasive of the surgeries, but it has the worst weight loss statistics.  Also, a lot of people have problems with the band slipping.  I had my band removed in August and had the DS done.

Research research research!  BEST WISHES!
Mary

Pam Davis
on 11/10/09 11:09 pm - Franklin, TN
Both bands function essentially the same way. The primary difference is in the support materials/resources they provide. Have you attended a seminar at Centennial? During the seminar, our surgeons review the differences and similarities between the two. You can also watch a video of each band being placed on our website, www.cmcwls.com/default/understanding-obesity/adjustable-band ing. We also have a gastric band support group that meets the first Tuesday of each month at 5:30 that would be a good resource for you too. Several of our patients have found the online tools that RealizeMySuccess offers them to be a great resource.
Thank you,
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Most Active
Recent Topics