November Lunch Bunch

Susan J.
on 11/9/09 11:36 pm - Madison, TN

We will be meeting this Saturday, November 14 - 1pm, at Rafferty's at Rivergate.

As always, this is open to everyone. We are always happy to welcome newcomers to the gatherings and equally happy to see our golden oldie friends too.

No matter what stage you are in, there will be someone to help you find something to eat that is WLS friendly. They may even be willing to share an entree with you. ::wink, wink::

Let's make this one a recipe swap. Bring your favorite bariatric friendly recipe. Perhaps one you have found since surgery or a long time favorite that you have adjusted to be WLS friendly. Just print off several copies so anyone who wants a copy can have one to take home. If you want to bring samples for folks to take home and try later, feel free to do that too.

Remember, I will need a head count by Friday evening so I can let the restaurant know how many to expect.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 11/10/09 1:36 am
Susan!!

I will be there!

Michael.
t2nashville
on 11/10/09 2:13 am
Susan - is there ever a month when these lunches are done somewhere besides Rivergate? That's quite a drive for me (Spring Hill), and I would love to join more often, but it's just so far away. Was just wondering. :)

Susan J.
on 11/10/09 3:06 am - Madison, TN
We're open to other locations if you would like to recommend a place. I don't know how far most folks would be willing to travel but we can always try.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Adrienne M.
on 11/10/09 3:42 am - La Vergne, TN
 Hi Susan, long time no see for me and the forum. I have been really depressed of late.. one of those ..I have no clue why ones.

I have fallen back into the I have to clean the leftovers out of fridge so they do not get tossed out and have put on my first gain of 10 lbs since my surgery. That was 8-07-2007 . Please put me down for the luncheon and maybe it will help me get back on track.

Adrienne
Susan J.
on 11/11/09 3:06 am - Madison, TN

I hear you on the depression! However I do know the why for mine. I am just trying to get through the holidays this year and counting on friends like you to help me. I look forward to seeing you again.

We can all put our heads together to help each other get on track or stay on track. We're all in the same boat here, all of us are going to have our own demons to battle from time to time.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

melsreturn
on 11/11/09 11:00 am - Madison, TN
Hi, Adrienne...  I want to second what Susan said, we can help one another get back on track.  And believe me, it happens more often than you think!  We all have problems from time to time.  The thing I notice is that if/when we get derailed, we feel incredibly guilty, like we have failed because we haven't lived up to "the rules"...  But one thing I have learned is to let yesterday's mistakes with food stay there, not to bring that guilt into today.  We have a new day every morning and can determine to make better choices...  just jump back on the wagon and we will ride along.

Let me also say, sometimes I feel like I didn't fall off the wagon.  It feels like I'm stuck to the wheel and its dragging me on a dirty, dusty trail filled with cactus!  LOL...  Hang in there!  You can do it!

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 8:54 am - TN
I would like to attend! I had surgery in August and previously had things scheduled when the Lunch Bunch met.  Unfortunately I don't have any recipes to share.
Susan J.
on 11/11/09 3:01 am - Madison, TN
It isn't required that you bring a recipe. You can just bring your smile and perhaps take home some new recipes.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

melsreturn
on 11/10/09 10:40 am - Madison, TN
Tim & I will be there.

I am also bringing A BRAND NEW PRODUCT by Kay's Naturals!! These are cookie bites, in flavors cinnamon & almond.  They are fantasticuloso!  Everyone can try them, they are not even being sold yet on their website or put out in public!  So ya'll come, and as usual, we'll have goodies.

Most Active
Recent Topics