It's Always Something...

k9ophile
on 11/9/09 3:10 pm, edited 11/10/09 1:20 am
The good news:  I am finally in Onederland.  Gave DH a heart attack as I screamed my head off.  Just joking about the heart attack, but I did make a lot of noise. 

I'm not sure if the other news is good or bad.  I got the results of my mammogram and I will have to have another one plus an ultrasound.  There were two abnormalities.  I have a history of a cyst that seems to have reappeared, not much to worry about there.  The other abnormal finding was obscured by all the loose skin.  I quote:  Skin folds are present on some of the images and were difficult to completely eliminate in this patient with a history of gastric bypass and significant weight loss.  Whoda thunk that loose skin would mess up a mammogram?  I mean putting on a bra these days is like trying to put hamsters in socks, but I thought the new digital technology would make the exam a better quality visual.  Gee, do you suppose I can insurance to pay for plastic surgery now? 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Susan J.
on 11/9/09 10:43 pm - Madison, TN

I had an "abnormal" mammo after I first lost all my weight too. It was due to the change in density.

Now I get to have "diagnostic" mammograms which are applied to my deductible instead of "routine" which are covered 100%. Oh joy!

They do tell me that after 3 normal diagnostic mammograms I can go back to routine ones that will be covered by Well Care. I have one scheduled for next week which will be my third one since the abnormal one.

Good luck with yours. Prepare to spend about 2 hours at the center. The diagnostic mammos are read while you wait so you know the results when you leave.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Ronda S.
on 11/10/09 8:10 am - Cookeville, TN
CONGRATULATIONS on onederland!!! The other, I'm sure it will be fine, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Former Elizabeth
on 11/10/09 10:19 am
Congratulations on ONEderland!   YAY

Bummage about the mammo.   I've had abnormal mammos of my right breast for years - I've apparently got something in there that's not a big deal, and it's not growing.   I went in every 6 months for a couple of years, but they've all been unchanged, so I don't have to do it again until a year has gone by.    Last one was 6 weeks after my open DS.   The tech was actually angry at me for complaining about the squishing hurting.   How could I complain about a little squish when I had a huge zipper down my front?   Im' thinking and hoping that with my newly deflated boobies, the squishing will be less traumatic.   I can hope.

Hamsters in socks!   That's a good one!   Mine have always been irregular type shape.   So now they're like Knee socks!   I know, TMI

Dennie

Most Active
Recent Topics