Finally got home from hospital after 2 extra days (XP)

Terry C.
on 11/8/09 10:24 am - Oak Ridge, TN
i've got my DS!  Unfortunately I've still got that JP Drain. Had surgery last Tuesday.  People usually get to go home on Thursday, but I had excessive bleeding due to removal of adhesions under the liver from a previous surgery.
My hematocrit dropped to 24 during Wedesday, so i received 2 units of blood during the night.  On Thursday it was improving but started dropping again during the night and I got 2 MORE units during the day on Friday.  I finally got kicked out late Saturday afteroon.  The drain is a pain--fluids have slowed a lot, but still not a clearer liquid.

And I'm EXHAUSTED.  But i am geting in my liquids and the protein and carbs I need right now.  No nausea,  or pain either! 

Just still very worried about the blood and the drain

The staff at Parkwest Hospital in Knoxville was awesome!  I have to mention the nurses and CNAs!
Kila, RN and Jean, CNA, who was wonderful and so entertaining.  She is part of indentical twin CNAs who have SO much energy.  If I could only remember which one has the green stethoscope and which the purple one.
My nights were made so much better by the humor of CNA Steve, and softspoken caring of RN Charlie. Since I ended up staying until the weekend,  and had the wonderful Tanya and Pam. 
Of course Jessica the bariatric coordinator is WONDERFUL. And I can't thank Dr. Boyce and Dr. Williams (who covered on Fri & Sat) enough.

Terry Lynn

KittenLove
on 11/9/09 1:03 am - Around Knoxville, TN
So glad to see you're home! Don't you just love the whole crew?

I had to stay an extra day, too, and I also had to come home with the JP drain whereas most get theirs out in the hospital...but, it's all good and i'm so glad to hear from you!

Be happy. 

jharrington8172
on 11/9/09 9:54 pm - Hermitage, TN
The drain tube stinks but I had mine until my follow up so it should be out soon.  Welcome to the losers bench.  There are quite a few of us DSer's in TN now so if you ever have any questions just ask away one of us will be able to answer it.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Ronda S.
on 11/10/09 8:12 am - Cookeville, TN
Welcome to the wonderful DS life. It's a wild ride , hang on.

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Most Active
Recent Topics