I'm home and bummed

MerryMary
on 11/1/09 10:45 pm - Brentwood, TN
Cheryl,

I am sorry you have been through so much, but glad that you are home and recovering.

I had the lap band and luckily did not have the issues you had.  I have known others who have had similar complications, so it is not just you.

I want you to take care of yourself and heal.  Also as you heal, be aware that the restriction is not there and focus on the protein shakes.  I say that because earlier this year, my doctor thought that my band was too tight and removed most of the fluid.  I immediately started gaining weight.  I don't want that to happen to you.

In August, I had the band removed and had the DS.  It is working well for me.  My lap band surgery mate had her band removed in April and had the sleeve done.  She is down from 194 to 144 and feels great.  I needed the malabsorption of the DS because I knew that I really did not eat that much.  My weight is slowly and steadily coming off and I am not hungry.

I hope you heal quickly and take care.

Mary

Cheryl P.
on 11/2/09 1:41 am - Antioch, TN

Not glad to hear that others have had issues, but it does make me feel a little bit better. I hear you on the protien shakes, I'm still doing them and having soft foods and when I do have the soft foods, I am still in LapBand mode, no drinking before, during or after, the band is gone from my belly, but is still in my head..............lol Just not real sure what else is up there with it.......lol Gald to hear that you and your WLS mate are doing good. Keep up the good work.

Cheryl

ErikaAnn
on 11/1/09 11:07 pm - MT. JULIET, TN
Cheryl--I am so sorry that you went through all this.  You are very strong and brave to have such a good attitude !  It really reminds me what I have been learning from God this week:
 Romans 8:28-- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.   I'm going to pray that the Lord puts this in your hearrt as you recover and have to make decisions on what to do next. Love you! and Phil! erika

2Corinthians 5:7

Cheryl P.
on 11/2/09 1:45 am - Antioch, TN
Thanks Erika, I am trying to keep postive thoughts about all of this, sometimes its pretty easy and sometimes not. I am allready reading up on my  WLS options and have a call into the insurance company to see what options I have with them. Thanks for your support. We have got to make it to one of the DC or LB been way to dang long since we have seen you. Do you think you will be able to make this months DC? It is on Friday the 20th and I will celebrating my BD, would love to have you there.

Love ya,
Cheryl

ErikaAnn
on 11/2/09 9:27 am - MT. JULIET, TN
I'll do my best to be there--unless a family emergency happens--I'll be there!

2Corinthians 5:7

mrs. neenaj
on 11/3/09 2:05 am
Cheryl, I'm so sorry. I pray that you get approved for another surgery. The main thing is to take care of yourself.
Photobucket
Kathy Newton
on 11/3/09 4:32 am - LaVergne, TN
Cheryl I am so sorry to hear that you had to go thru this. Please take care and know you are in my prayers. I may not be daily active on the board, but the board is daily in my prayers.  Get well.
 Kathy Newton

isabel41206
on 11/4/09 10:13 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
I AM GLAD YOU ARE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND ON THE MEND. I WILL BE OUT OF THE COUNTRY ON THE 20TH. HUBBY AND I ARE HAVING A LONG  ROMANTIC WEEKEND AWAY FOR OUR 10TH ANNIVERSARY !  HAPPY BDAY EARLY AND GET WELL SOON..
debbiejean58
on 11/6/09 2:39 pm - Antioch, TN
Cheryl, I am so sorry that you lost your band but I know you were having trouble before this. Hopefully you can have the sleeve or RNY that will be better for you. Good luck on whatever you decide and one of these days I will get to one of these dinners to meet everyone!!

Most Active
Recent Topics