pos t op diet question

maggielou
on 11/1/09 11:56 am
i will have my surgery on 11/9.... i am trying to get every thing i can ready now.  i m very worried about i can will eat after.

what kind of yogurt can i have?  when went to the store today i read back of the labels of some of the different rands of yogurt...alotof sugar

any other suggestions on food that i can eat for the next 8 weeks
Susan J.
on 11/2/09 2:49 am - Madison, TN

You will find Kroger's CarbMaster yogurt has the lowest carbs and highest protein of any of the fruit flavored yogurts out there.

Another good choice is the plain Greek yogurt but you would have to add flavored protein powder or sugar free jam to make it palatable.

Your book should have a wide range of foods for you to choose from during the early stages.

Tomorrow night - Tuesday, November 3 - is our regular support group meeting. If you can make it, I will bring some ideas, recipes and protein samples for you. Let me know so I can be on the lookout for you.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

maggielou
on 11/2/09 9:00 am
i am will be at that meeting --  any helpis welcomed --  i look forward to meeting you
Blush
on 11/2/09 6:31 am - Nashville, TN
Carbmasters is the best. 

There will be some trial and error when you go on pureed foods because what one person loves and swears by can make another person feel awful.

I ate a lot of pureed chicken breast.  I was able to eat tuna but I know some people couldn't eat tuna for a long time post-op.  I was still eating protein pudding (sugar free pudding with protein powder added).

Lap RNY - August 12, 2008 - 365/340/193/175
maggielou
on 11/2/09 9:10 am
thanks for all the advice  just getting nervous -- only a week away --  iwill be at the baptist meeting tomorow night --  any help is welcomed and needed 

thanks again
Kathy Newton
on 11/3/09 4:15 am - LaVergne, TN
You may only be on clear liquids for the first 2-3 weeks.  Then try yogart, check with your nutrionist. They will advise you on what you can have right after surgery.  Best of luck next week.
 Kathy Newton

Most Active
Recent Topics