anyone have cigna pos

solorider
on 10/30/09 11:24 am

Just wondering if anyone had cigna pos ..I received a letter today that they are not paying my pych eval because of the code that was used..they pay for the consult but not the 2nd visit..It was 695.00.My Dr. is Colquitt..at Foothills Weightloss in Maryville..Any info would be appreciated.

melsreturn
on 10/30/09 11:31 am - Madison, TN
My insurance was not Cigna but it too denied the psych eval since it had an obesity diagnosis, and its a treatment diagnosis code that they do not cover.  HOwever, since my employer did decide to cover the cost of weight loss surgery, and required the psych eval, they were able to get it waived.  Contact your employer (or whoever you get the insurance from) and try to get their help in overturning the denial.  Good luck.

Former Elizabeth
on 10/30/09 11:41 am
I hve Cigna POS and I don't think they paid for my psych eval either.

Dennie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child"

SCOTT O.
on 10/30/09 10:30 pm - Nashville, TN
I have CIGNA POS through the State of TN.  Under my insurance policy, the Psych Eval was not covered, and was going to cost me over $300, if I went through the one my Doc suggested.

I ended up going to Karen Starr @ Vandy, and it only cost me $25 out of pocket.  After all was said and done, I received a $25 check back from insurance covering the Psych Eval.

Hope this helps!
KittenLove
on 11/1/09 9:36 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
i have CIgna POS through the state of TN as well and they didn't cover my psych eval. b/c of that, the dr doing it reduces his fee for self pay patients for the bariatric program so i ended up paying $160 out of pocket.

Be happy. 

Dana37
on 11/3/09 7:21 am
 I also have Cigna POS through the state of TN. It didn't pay for my psych consult or nutrition classes. I went through memorial hospital and it was a total of $95 for my psych consult and 2 nutrition classes. 
Most Active
Recent Topics