Protein Mix

Rodney29
on 10/19/09 11:19 am
where is the best place to buy it? what brands usually work well?
k9ophile
on 10/20/09 2:29 am

We have a GNC here in Cookeville.  Keep your receipt and they'll take anything back.  When I'm in Nashville, I go to the Vitamin Shoppe.  Their store is a bit bigger than our GNC and I can try different pre-mixed shakes one at a time.  Another place you might want to try is vitalady.com.  She sells lots of samples so you can try them without buying a big tub.  Yeah, GNC took my tubs back, but it sure was a waste because they destroy the returns.  I did feel a little guilty knowing that the food would be thrown out.  Can you tell I used to be a member of the clean plate club?

As for brands, just follow the protein and carb guidelines in your handbook for whey isolate proteins.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Rodney29
on 10/20/09 3:06 am
thank you for the info. it is just so many to pick from.
k9ophile
on 10/20/09 4:46 am
I'll agree with that!  That's why I appreciate the vitalady.com site.  Centennial recommended Isopure.  I can't stand the powders and understand where they got the name IsoPUKE. LOL  Yet the clear ones in the bottles with the fruit flavors suit me to a T.  I have friend who can't drink any Isopure and she swears by Muscle Milk.  Yuck, MM is way too sweet for me.

Best wishes on your journey to health and finding a protein supplement you like.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 4:51 am
I have been using Syntrax Nectar Crystal Sky. It actually taste good. My husband mixes it with jus****er. But I mix mine with Fruit Punch Crystal Light. We get ours from Vitamin Shoppe. We got the big tub, but I sure wish I would of known about where to get samples!!

Good luck to you.
Susan J.
on 10/20/09 8:11 am - Madison, TN

You can also get samples at bariatriceating.com.

Or, you can come to a Lunch Bunch and let us know so some of us can bring you FREE samples of our favorites. We love to share!!

We have recipes to tweak the protein powders to make a shake taste like just about anything you want and still keep it within our carb guidelines.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

melsreturn
on 10/20/09 11:09 am - Madison, TN
Susan, speaking of lunch bunch.  We will be out of town (Gatlinburg).  If someone needs some samples, let me know and I can get some for them a few days ahead and get them to you.

Rodney29
on 10/20/09 10:43 am
i might try to get to one of yalls meetings. when do yall meet.
cbennett
on 10/21/09 6:15 am - Murfreesboro, TN
newbie here, is there local groups - other than support groups that meet - how can i join?

HW 332/SW 324/CW 165/GW 150

Susan J.
on 10/21/09 11:19 pm - Madison, TN

To join the Lunch Bunch all you have to do is show up at the given time and place.

I do ask for advance notice of your intention to attend so I can give the restaurant some idea of how many to expect. We like to sit together at one table whenever possible, or at least have our tables right next to each other so we can talk and move around the group.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Most Active
Recent Topics