What to do with my clothes???

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/09 4:40 am

I have lost 100pds since surgery in May!! Yayyyy Me!! None of my clothes fit. I thought about taking them in but that cost just as much as buying my clothes brand new. So what did you do with your clothes? Do you know of anyone that buys clothes, besides platos closet?

Thanks

tillmacc
on 10/19/09 5:02 am - Antioch, TN
I have an aunt and and ex-sister-in-law who are the size I was at the beginning of my weight loss journey. They caught most of my 22s. I have 20s & 18s in the closet now that I will take to the clothes closet at my surgeon's office. Other pieces will go to Goodwill.
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/09 5:13 am
I didn't know that had a clothes closet. Center for Obesity, right?
tillmacc
on 10/19/09 5:18 am - Antioch, TN
Yeah, our docs are in the same office. There is a clothes closet there.
cbennett
on 10/19/09 6:40 am - Murfreesboro, TN
ok stupid question - what is the clothes closet?

HW 332/SW 324/CW 165/GW 150

Elizabeth O.
on 10/19/09 8:06 am - nashville, TN
hi ladies - we also swap clothes at luncj bunches and dinner clubs.  The clothes closet is great - if you have time to sort through it.   i don't know if they have done anything to it this year - but it use to be an awful mes - the clothes were everywhere and not sorted by size.   the nerxt lunch bunch will be the 2nd Saturday in November and the next dinner club will next friday night.   All are welcome at either event - they are open to all regardless of surgery, surgeon, time of journey  etc.   good luck ladies

beth
F.R.O.G.  -  Fully Rely on God!  For He IS GOOD!  

http://www.youravon.com/elizabethoneal

k9ophile
on 10/19/09 10:14 am
Along with the good ideas from others...  I had some very nice suits, some had never been worn.  I took them to a local career counseling center so women could have a good interview outfit.  One of things women's shelters do is also help the women find jobs.  So many abused women flee with the clothes on their back and what ever the bare minimum they need for their children.  You may have to meet at a neutral place since some shelters are very protective of their location, yet they are ususally extremely happy to get clothes for their clients.  Everyday clothes as well as work clothes.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

ErikaAnn
on 10/19/09 11:03 am - MT. JULIET, TN
Since I have become a "Goodwill Freak" I send  all my old stuff to them--kind of like the circle of life!

2Corinthians 5:7

Barbara D.
on 10/19/09 12:23 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
All these suggestions are great.  However, if you need to make a little money there is a great store in Hendersonville:  The Up & Down Closet     237 East Main St.   615-264-6569.  They are for plus size women's clothing.  It is a great place to shop and to take clothes on consignment.

B
Pam Davis
on 10/19/09 8:42 pm - Franklin, TN
Congratulations on your weight loss! We (Centennial) have a clothing closet beside our classroom. When you enter our building instead of going in the doors to the right, if you enter the ones to the left, the clothing closet is just down the hall on the right. Our volunteer maintains our closet every Weds. sorting through and updating the contents. We do ask that any items you bring in are in good shape, no holes, stains, etc. and current season; for obvious reasons we do not accept undergarments or swimsuits.
Thank you,
Pam

Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Most Active
Recent Topics