TT on Wed. Oct 21st

MistersMom65
on 10/18/09 4:29 pm - TN
To All:
   I have been deliquent in my posting here. But am looking for thoughts/prayer from my TN Losers. On Oct 21st, this Wed. , I am having a TT with Dr Kevin Hagan at Vanderbilt Plastic Surgery. He performed my face/eyelid/brow/ breast lift last year. I said then that it was the only PS I would undergo. That Spanx would be my friend. Well in Sept. I decided to have Nipple Inversion Surgery. I'm glad I did but I lost my right nipple as it died because my blood supply was lost. I'm ok with that as I already have only 1 & 1/2 of my left arm so whats an lost nipple compared to that!
  I'm very excited and VERY nervous because of the ....DISCOMFORT levels.
  Please keep me in your thoughts on Wed. strarting about 11am.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Susan J.
on 10/18/09 11:45 pm - Madison, TN

Congratulations sweetie!

I think you will find the discomfort level tolerable as long as you do the following:

1) take your pain meds on schedule - don't wait for pain to take your meds, you want to stay ahead of it.

2) stay hydrated. Staying hydrated will stave off all kinds of other problems.

3) take your pain meds!

4) have your favorite liquid protein on hand. You need the protein to heal.

5) take your pain meds!

6) get up and move. I know it sounds silly but moving around will help the pain level.

7) TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS!!!! Yes, I shouted that last one.

You will do fine and I'm sure you will be happy with your end results. Check in when you can to let us know how you are.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

MistersMom65
on 10/19/09 12:43 pm - TN
I'm sorry...Did you say take my PAIN MEDS!!! LOL   I'm following ALL of the instructions you've given! Thank you for replying..It means alot to me. I'll update as soon as I'm up..

Barbara D.
on 10/19/09 12:20 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
Will be praying for you on Wednesday and beyond.  I'm right there with Susan about taking your pain meds.  If it says every 6 hours and at first you need them every 4 TAKE THEM.  I let the pain get the better of me because I was afraid I would run out of pain meds.  My sister called the surgeon's office and they said take the meds as needed we can write for more meds!  By then I had ridden out the worst of it.  Next time I will know better.  You have to stay ahead of the pain.

Vandy was great to me the week I was there.  I was on 9 South and the nurses were the best!

B
MistersMom65
on 10/19/09 12:46 pm - TN
Thank you...I'm following the PAIN MED advice. My Dr has definitly shown me that he will make sure I need not worry about getting meds to help with pain. I will let you know as soon as I'm able.

Most Active
Recent Topics