nervous new member

maggielou
on 10/17/09 5:48 am
good saturday afternoon!  i am new member of this website.  i am schedule for surgery on 11/9 and i am very scared and nervous....i am very stressed out about the surgery,my family and evry thing.    does anyone know if there is a suport group in lebanon?
Amy_Baggett
on 10/17/09 9:15 pm - Monterey, TN
Welcome to the boards!  and CONGRATS on your upcoming surgery date!!!!   I think we all went through the pre-surgery jitters but now that I'm almost 11 months out..  I don't regret a thing other than not having my surgery earlier in life!

I am sure somoone will post about a support group in Lebanon or close, I'm from Cookeville so I don't know of any where you are.  Did your surgeon's office offer a support group?

Take some deep breaths and relax..   everything will work out!

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
maggielou
on 10/18/09 12:54 am
thanks -  it helps to know that there is alot of people who is or who has gone thru the same thing.  my surgeon did give my information regarding the support group that i need to go to before the surgery at bapist hospital in nashville..  i am looking for something a little closer if possible for after the surgery.  i have two young kids and my husband goes to classes every night n nashvlle.i have to pick the kids up from daycare by 6 pm  so i would like to have something closer.   
ErikaAnn
on 10/18/09 9:56 am - MT. JULIET, TN
UMC has a support group that meets at the McFarland building, not the hosp---you can call UMC and get the info.  We also have a Lunch Bunch and Dinner Club that meet monthly somewhere between Hendersonville and Antioch--those are not "formal" support groups, but the are very supportive! and fun!

2Corinthians 5:7

angelina-christophers
MOM

on 10/21/09 1:47 pm - hendersonville, TN
hi all ~ new here~~ wanted to get info on the DRs. and which Hospt. is better ~~ husband had his ( 2yrs post op) @ centennial but wondered if the others are the same .
any and all info would be great

Most Active
Recent Topics