Cross Post of One Year Out

k9ophile
on 10/16/09 4:27 pm
Post Date: 10/16/09 10:56 pm
Last Edit: 10/16/09 11:22 pm

I had my one year check-up with Dr, Houston on Thursday.  He's pleased with my 75% loss of excess weight and so am I.  My only disappointment with him is that I thought now that I was one year out, I could see him yearly.  Nope.  He still wants to see me every six months until I'm two and a half years out.  Good thing he's easy on the eye and has a good sense of humor.  Well, that plus shopping is better in Nashville and there are some really nice restaurants near his office.  He also got a kick out of my "Body by Houston" T-shirt I'm wearing in my After picture. 

No more meds for hypertension or high cholesterol.  Could getting rid of CPAP be next?  One can only hope.  I've gone from a size 34W to a 18/20W.  My skin is not as bad as I imagined.  It looks like crepe paper in areas, but not real bad saggies yet.  I guess if it comes with the last 25%, I'll deal with it as well. 

I am totally amazed that it has been one year already.  After the first 4 or 5 months of nausea and general misery, I am happy to say that I feel good!  And thanks to all the posters on this forum, I knew that I would!  Well, eventually.  There is so much to admire about all the people who have taken the time to post their experience, that it is hard not to join in.  I only hope that in some way I can inspire someone the way I've been inspired.  It isn't easy to post these pictures, yet I have enjoyed seeing those of y'all.  I have been so encouraged by everyone's stories and pictures...THANKS! 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Kathy Newton
on 10/16/09 9:26 pm - LaVergne, TN
You look fantastic. Anyone who knew you before the surgery and hadn't seen you in a while wouldn't recognize you.  You certainly have changed. Congrads on your one year anniversary.  I'm getting ready to cross my 4 years and body is still changing.

Keep working at the final 25% and you'll make it. Again Congrads on your one year.  Kathy
 Kathy Newton

k9ophile
on 10/17/09 1:47 am
Thanks, Kathy.  I've had a few people tell me that they didn't recognize me.  I tell them it's my hair. LOL.  Good to hear that we can still be changing ever 4 years out.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Shell4banding
on 10/16/09 10:21 pm
One year out and you look GREAT!  I know you feel so much better.  Thanks for sharing your pics.....it does inspire people. ~shell
k9ophile
on 10/17/09 1:50 am
Thanks, Shell.  Yes, I do feel better.  No more using a cart at Walgreen's as a walker when all I need is a tube of toothpaste.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/09 12:38 am - TN
Congratulations! I visited Dr. Houston for my 6 week visit, and I agree he is HOT!
k9ophile
on 10/17/09 1:53 am
Thanks, DivaDiana.  I'm feeling like a diva myself these days, or at least way better than I have in years.  Isn't it fun being a Houston Hotttie?  Well, maybe at six weeks out you're not having Big Fun yet, but you will.

Amy_Baggett
on 10/17/09 2:04 am - Monterey, TN
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look so good and happy!!  Congrats!!!!!!!

HUGS

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
k9ophile
on 10/17/09 10:29 am
Thanks, I feel good and am pretty happy.  Amazing what some increased energy can do for a person.

jharrington8172
on 10/17/09 9:24 am - Hermitage, TN
K9 - I first want to say Congrats.   You have taken the tool given to you by Dr. Houston and work it amazingly.   75% EWL is a HUGE number and you should be so proud of that.   I also want to THANK YOU for helping pave the way for me to have my DS.   If you were not #1 - I may not have been #2 - so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.    I am in shock by looking at your before picture - I have only known the skinny K9 - so to see the before pic it is a big change. 

Hopefully I will get to see you on the 30th at the Chili pot luck in Hermitage - I was thinking about coming as my favorate DS food - BACON. 

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Most Active
Recent Topics