One Year Surgiversary!

t2nashville
on 10/13/09 12:19 am, edited 10/13/09 12:26 am

In some ways, it seems like yesterday, and in other ways, it seems like a very long journey, but today marks my 1-year surgeriversary! One year ago, I drove with my Mom, aunt, and brother to Crestwood Medical Center in Huntsville, AL, and started a whole new life by having weight loss surgery. Some things have been consistent - the support of my family, friends, co-workers, and church family, for example. But so many other things in my life are different - my fridge and cabinets, the way I shop for groceries and clothes, my outlook on the future, my calendar (which is way too full right now!) - and mostly, the way I look at myself in the mirror. I'm so proud of where I am today, so healthy and full of energy, and very happy to be alive. As I've said before, my single regret is that I didn't do this sooner so that my Daddy could be a part of my journey. But as my Mom likes to say, he actually is. I believe he knows and is very proud of his daughter!

So my tally for 1 year is:

108 pounds lost - I'd still like to drop another 20 or so, but I'm not gonna sweat it, because....

Down from a size 26 to a size 10 - yeah, baby! My mom and I wear the same size clothes! 'Bout time I can go shopping in her closet!

I can run up stairs! I can cross my legs! I can do yoga and Pilates and Zumba! No seatbelt extensions! No sleep apnea or high blood pressure! I can feel my bones sticking out! And yes, I look pretty great, too!

Future goals - I'm gonna have to have brachioplasty sometime next year if I want those toned arms I've always coveted. I'm also gonna sign up to do the half marathon here in Nashville in April - I'm scared to death, but it's a thrilling kind of scared! And 2010 may finally be the year when I find someone to share my life with - who knows?

What I do know is this - God is so good to me, and I am very grateful for the life he gave back to me. I will never fail to give Him all the glory. He is the reason I am here!

I've attached a before and after picture for you. I found this before pic on my home computer this week, and I had to gasp when I looked at it. I seemed to be very happy here, but I really wasn't.

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt68/T2Nashville/CIMG0228 .jpg

And the 2nd picture was taken at my pastor's home this past Sunday. I'm such a happy girl!

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt68/T2Nashville/CIMG1084 .jpg

Thanks again to all of you for love and support during the past year. I couldn't have done this without you!

Susan J.
on 10/13/09 7:47 am - Madison, TN

That happy, glowing girl was hidden inside all the time. I'm so glad she is finally free to enjoy life!

You are rockin' it girl!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Amy_Baggett
on 10/13/09 11:14 pm - Monterey, TN
Happy Surgiversay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look fantastic and your goals are wonderful, I wish you all the best with them!!!!

HUGS

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
Kathy Newton
on 10/16/09 9:39 pm - LaVergne, TN
WOW you look great. It's so amazing how much we change after losing the extra baggage. You keep working at your goals. May God be with you. Kathy
 Kathy Newton

Most Active
Recent Topics