Americhoice?

simms126
on 10/13/09 10:33 am
I am currently attempting to get my criteria together for Lap Band. I am going through Centinnial since they are the only ones I've found that takes Tenncare in my area.  I am having a really hard time finding someone to do a psych evaluation that my insurance will cover.  I cannot afford to do this if I have to pay anything out of pocket at this time.  I am wondering if anyone else is/has gone  through this and could give any help. 
Thanks
Angie
Pam Davis
on 10/13/09 9:13 pm - Franklin, TN
Angie, have you contacted AmeriChoice directly? They should be able to give you a list of providers.
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Shell4banding
on 10/13/09 10:15 pm
I had my surgery in August at Centinnial , I also have Americhoice and I could not find anyone in my area that took it. I had my Psych evaluation in Nashville and had to pay for it out of pocket. Hope you have better luck then I did. I had to go twice because it took me 3 years to get approved and according to the doctors office my evaluation needed updating. It is costly........My last visit I was in the psych office about 7 minutes.....$100.00.  Good luck to you! ~shell
simms126
on 10/15/09 9:45 am
After this pysch evaluation, the only other criteria I need is my surgeon consultation.  I am so worried the insurance won't approve it.  Did you have any trouble with this?
Shell4banding
on 10/15/09 11:21 am
I did not have my surgeon consultation until after  I was approved. Americhoice turned me down the first time. They said my 6 month supervised diet was not 6 months and I  didn't use a walker so I had to go back and start again with the Dr. office writing in my charts every month "this is the first month of a six month diet......then, this is the second month of a 6 month diet....etc..." I also the second time, had my Dr. write me another recommendation letter saying it was "medically necessary" to have this surgery. Then I was approved...took me almost 3 years but worth the battle now that I am at this point. I have lost 73 lbs. Every ones journey is different .  You may have better luck , sounds like you are doing good so far !! ~shell
simms126
on 10/19/09 11:02 am
Thanks for responding! My first pysch eval it tomorrow, I'm excited! Wow, 73 lbs. Amazing! I can't wait to start this!
Angie
Angela Goode
on 10/14/09 5:00 pm - Talbott, TN
You can search for providers of Americhoice Tenncare at providerdirectory.uhcrivervalley.com/providerdirectory/ProviderSearch

Most Psychologist's and Psychiatrists who take Tenncare are probably not taking new patients til January 2010.

Good Luck.

Will be praying for you.

~Angela Goode
simms126
on 10/15/09 9:36 am
Thanks for the prayers
simms126
on 10/15/09 9:35 am
I contacted Americhoice and talked to the nicest lady who actually called an agency in Nashville for me to be positive they would take me! I have my first  appointment with Agape in Nashville Tuesday with 2 more visits after that. Hopefully by the middle of November all of my insurance criteria will be met.  Keep praying that the insurance will approve and I can be on my way to a new me by 2010!
Thanks, 
Angie 
Angela Goode
on 10/15/09 3:24 pm - Talbott, TN
Awesome news. Good Luck and God Bless
Most Active
Recent Topics