So I might be moving from CA to TN

smilenowcryl8r
on 10/12/09 6:41 am - Santa Ana, CA
In a couple of months. Nashville is where it looks like I'll be ending up and was wondering if there are a lot of support groups in the area and also if anyone knows if there is a Curves near there.

'When someone shares with you something of value, you have an
obligation to share it with others!'
hollykim
on 10/12/09 7:39 am, edited 10/12/09 7:40 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Hey, there are three Bariatrics Centers of Excellence in Nashville,as well as several other programs in the out lying areas.
There are Curves all over  the area as well,so if ya end up here,you'll be covered!
Holly
Edited to add: There are several support groups associated with each center as well as others in outlying cities.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 8:17 am - TN
Welcome to Nashville. I have visited several support groups! Nashville is a large place and I am sure you will find lots to do.
Kenneth C.
on 10/12/09 9:15 am, edited 10/13/09 8:06 am - Hendersonville, TN
Welcome to Nashville!!! As hollykim mentioned there are many support groups at the three Centers of Excellence (Vanderbilt Center for Surgical Weight Loss, Centennial Center for Obesity and Baptist Hospital Metabolic Surgery Center). All have great programs and great support groups associated with them that are open to everyone, no matter whether you had surgery there or not. My wife and I lead a Post-Op support group for Vanderbilt that is fairly new, but has a good and growing following. Keep an eye on the boards here, as most of the group post reminders of the meeting times.

Good luck, it's a great town to live in (coming from a guy who lived in Las Vegas).
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Pam Davis
on 10/12/09 9:26 pm - Franklin, TN
You are welcome to attend any of our support groups (click here). We also accept transfer patients for your aftercare if you are interested.
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Amy_Baggett
on 10/13/09 11:19 pm - Monterey, TN
You will love TN and you have an excellent choice of Centers of Excellence in Nashville!

Hope your move is smooth!!!

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
isabel41206
on 10/14/09 2:19 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
you will like it here and yes we have several Curves centers to choose from.
Linda T.
on 10/14/09 8:48 am - Nashville, TN
I moved here from Valencia, CA 5 years ago and its been great (except for the humidity).  I had my surgery a month ago at Vanderbilt and they've been great.  What's the reason for the move?

Linda T

Remember - If it comes through your car window, it isn't food!! 

smilenowcryl8r
on 10/26/09 12:59 am - Santa Ana, CA
My company will be tranfering there.

'When someone shares with you something of value, you have an
obligation to share it with others!'
barbiej
on 10/15/09 4:52 am - Goodlettsville, TN
Welcome to TN. sweetie, I know that you will love it here. Of course everyone will so excited with getting to know ya!Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics