NSV - almost 4 years out

Susan J.
on 10/12/09 6:31 am - Madison, TN

Yes, they still happen.

I got an email today from a co-worker, she is considering surgery and another co-worker told her about me. We had lunch together today and I took my before pictures to show her since we have only worked together for a few months.

She took one look at my pics and stated that there was no way it was me. I had to show her my old driver license to prove it was indeed me in the pics. LOL

Then she saw what I was eating for lunch and she asked if I would get full off of it. I told her I probably wouldn't even eat all of what I had...and I didn't.

I am excited about the prospect of watching yet another butterfly transformed by WLS.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 10/12/09 8:29 am
That's awesome!!  You are a great resource!!

I know that I've asked MY share of questions!

Michael.
Susan J.
on 10/13/09 7:44 am - Madison, TN
MWAH!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

SCOTT O.
on 10/12/09 5:29 pm - Nashville, TN
I know the feeling!  We have no less than 6 associates at Home Depot that are in varying stages of the 6 month diet right now!

Everyday, I get asked questions, and I try to supply the answers!  Feels good, doesn't it!
Susan J.
on 10/13/09 7:43 am - Madison, TN

Are you also putting them on the big orange ladder exercise program? LOL

We missed you and Mel Saturday. Those of us who were able to make it had a great time!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

t2nashville
on 10/13/09 12:17 am
Susan - it's been such a pleasure following your journey and getting to know you personally. You've been an inspiration to me, not only with your WLS, but also with how you've handled tragedy in your personal life. Thanks so much for the example you've been to all of us.

Susan J.
on 10/13/09 7:39 am - Madison, TN

Thank you.

You know, she asked me if I knew anyone who had had the VSG as that is what she is really interested in. I told her I know a couple of people who are enjoying great success with VSG. I'm going to try to get her to come on here and put her questions specific to VSG out there for the experts in that area.

It's funny, her husband had the DS with Dr. Husted 5 years ago and that is the one type of surgery she knows for sure she does NOT want.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 

barbiej
on 10/15/09 5:15 am - Goodlettsville, TN
Yes dear friend you look WONDERFUL and you are an inspiration!!!! Congratz on your 4 yrs.out!!!! It's amazing how fast the time has passed by. I've  got a friend that is having her surgery on Nov.2  at Baptist. Not sure of the Surgeon. But I am gonna try to be there for her & the family. I worked with her momma at Dell for years. She is such a sweetie, the family is wonderful! She is gonna have LB.  I know that she is in great hands there.Barb

debbiejean58
on 10/16/09 4:15 pm - Antioch, TN
Susan, congratulations!! You have done an awesome job.

We are almost twins, I had my lapband on 1/16/06. I can't believe it's been almost 4 years. Time has really flown by.

Keep up the good work!

Kathy Newton
on 10/16/09 9:49 pm - LaVergne, TN
Hi Susan, it's all seems like a lifetime ago that we met and started this journey. I know I can't believe it's almost  4 years ago. I show my b-4 pics and people are amazed at the difference. Nurses yesterday at the VA kept asking me questions about the program. Had my arms done yesterday,  so I have several questions asked.  I need to update my avitar now. Maybe now I will be able to get back into that red dress.   

I've always been very open about having the surgery, so it doesn't bother me when people ask questions. 

May we all have continued success in the coming year.

Kathy
 Kathy Newton

Most Active
Recent Topics