Coming to Nashville October 30 Any suggestions??

LaShelle2
on 10/12/09 1:28 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I'll be back in Nashville October 30 to see Dr. H. Are there any support meetings or meet n greets that day?    Any special events in town that weekend?  I'll be staying overnight.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

k9ophile
on 10/12/09 2:46 am
There's a chili supper in Hermitage Oct 30.  Cheryl Parker has a thread on it.  I think John and I will be there.  You're more than welcome to join us for that.  Let me know, and I'll double the ingredients in my crock pot.  Of course there is always shopping, but you live in Atlanta so that's not that big of a deal.  I see Dr. H this Thursday for my one year check up and already have my post visit battle plan drawn up for shopping in the Big City.  I don't know who will be at the Opry, but then again, you're from Atlanta!  I'm sure you have great concerts and clubs there.  Come have supper with us!  You can dress up in a costume or just come as a normal person.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

LaShelle2
on 10/12/09 3:27 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Where is Hermitage? Is it a wls supper?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

k9ophile
on 10/12/09 4:37 am
Hermitage is a subburb.  The directions to the church are fairly easy.  You would take I-40 east to the Mt. Juliet exit. Exit 226 or TN 171 south.  The address is 3542 Hobson Pike.  TN folks: please correct my info if necessary.  I'm going by memory and in my old age, I'm saving my brain cells as much as possible for remembering to actually fill my vitamin boxes.  LOL

Yes, it is a WLS event.  The Nashville area has a lunch bunch and a supper club. They are run by individuals and open to anyone who has had or is thinking about WLS.  I'm sorry I don't know how to "hot link" so unless someone comes along and does it for us, you can search the TN board for October supper/lunch headings.  This partciular event is a famiy event so there will be spouses and kiddos.  There is a hayride planned and some other stuff.  In case of rain, it will be moved inside of the church.

Cheryl is putting this together.  She and her DH have both had surgery.  they had a team for the Walk from Obesity.  They came to Cookeville once for a lunch with us; both just a couple of sweetie pies.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

SCOTT O.
on 10/12/09 5:25 pm - Nashville, TN
Here ya go LaShelle, just click on the link below and you will be magically transported to the October Dinner Club link!  Hope to see ya there, I'll be there with camera in hand!

October Dinner Club!
Cheryl P.
on 10/25/09 2:05 am - Antioch, TN
Hey LaShelle,

You are more than welcome to come join us on Friday night the 30th. This is going to be a chili sampler, where everyone brings their fav chili and we just sample them all. It is a great chance to meet some of us Nashville folks. So come on down and join us. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or just post a reply. The church info is listed below, I can also PM you my cell number if you like, just let me know. Hope to see you on Friday.

Cheryl

LaShelle2
on 10/25/09 2:23 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
It is on my short list of possible things to do. My son is begging to go to Oprey Mills, so we'll see who wins the battle.   Of course I am ruler of the credit card and the car, so I have an edge over him.
LaShelle2
on 10/25/09 2:24 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
If you wouldn't mind, PM me your number.   Even if I don't make the chili supper, I need more NAshville contacts. You never know when you'll have a damsel in distress moment and need to call in a favor.
Most Active
Recent Topics