Actigall ??? for Houston RNY Patients

Michael S.
on 10/10/09 11:05 am
When I went on a diet in 2001 I was very successful in losing a bunch of weight, and also gaining gallbladder issues! (the weight came back BTW!).

I had two gallstone attacks... I wound NEVER wish those on anyone!!  Once I had my gallbladder out, those issues went away.  So when I had WLS last year, I did not have to worry about the gallstones, as they no longer form and there is nowhere for them to form.

If there was a choice, I would have the gallbladder removed, as I was told many times that gallstone issues never really go away.

BTW - There is no need to have a gallbladder.  Your body "adjusts" just fine.  Now there may be some minor complications as a couple of people might tell you, but I think that applies to ANY surgery.

The only issue that I had was diarrea for the first couple of months until my body got used to no gallbladder.  But this issue is not seen in all people, and I did not see it as an issue.  I rather had diarrea then the attacks but that is just me!!

Good luck.

Michael.
LaShelle2
on 10/11/09 11:47 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
He has me on itr 2x a day for 6 months.   I had DS, but I think it's the same for everybody.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active
Recent Topics