Actigall ??? for Houston RNY Patients

tillmacc
on 10/9/09 10:11 am - Antioch, TN
How long were you on Actigall or is it a lifetime drug for RNY patients? 
jharrington8172
on 10/9/09 11:18 am - Hermitage, TN
It is pretty standard for all WLS (if you have a gall blatter) - I was on mine for 6 months and I would assume you would be too.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

tillmacc
on 10/9/09 12:49 pm - Antioch, TN
How do you take yours? I mean in what or with what?
melsreturn
on 10/9/09 12:12 pm, edited 10/9/09 12:13 pm - Madison, TN
Let's see...  I took Actigall for about... oh 3 weeks maybe.  I decided that since it tasted so horrible, I didn't NEED to take it...  Besides, "that's what I have insurance for." Those were my words exactly... meaning, if I did have a gallbladder problem later, I'd just get it taken care of...  (gawd how stupid was that)

AND 9 MONTHS LATER...  I tried to give birth to 50 tiny gallstones!!

Whether for 6 months or a lifetime... TAKE IT! 

That was the worst pain I ever experienced in my life, young and old.

tillmacc
on 10/9/09 12:51 pm - Antioch, TN
Thanks. Do you take any other awful tasting meds? If so what do you take them in or with?
melsreturn
on 10/9/09 8:28 pm - Madison, TN
Well none of them tasted too good...  I crushed spironolactone, wellbutrin, lexapro.  Some are bitter tasting.  But when you crush them, you can put them into your food, or, applesauce.  Or, put them in some sf chocolate syrup.  But I'm sure that they have some better tips, as my surgery was 3 yrs ago...  I dont take all the meds that I did back then....

Three4Me
on 10/10/09 1:41 am

I just had my 6-month follow up w/Dr. Houston & was told I could discontinue the gallbladder med at that time.  I was on Ursidol, but I believe it's the same thing.  Apparently, after 6 months on the medication your chances of a gallbladder problem greatly reduces.

The Ursidol wasn't bad at all....it was a capsul & I just crushed it up twice a day in my Carb Master Yogurt....never bothered me....easy.

Micheala.

Preop Weight 293/SW 289/CW 202.3/GW 165/LW158

tillmacc
on 10/10/09 2:11 am - Antioch, TN
I was able to get it down easily with Low Sodium V-8, thanks to Becky (predewcoop)!
Telisha
on 10/10/09 4:12 am
Wonder if the is a Dr Houston thing. I was never given a gallbladder med from Dr. Dyer. ??

Ronda S.
on 10/10/09 8:20 am - Cookeville, TN
I take mine everyday, because I want to keep my gallbladder.

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Most Active
Recent Topics