Surgery date hurray

Kathy Newton
on 10/5/09 9:51 am - LaVergne, TN
I saw my PCP at the VA two weeks ago, I asked for a referral to see the plastic surgeon. I was able to get in to see him today. Talk about getting an appointment in fast. Well, I am having my biceps reduced on Oct. 16th. I got to where I couldn't wear anything with sleeves as I couldn't work out with weights because of my neck, and with a broken foot, I was kept at a stand still. Maintaining my goal weight now, can't believe it's almost 4 years. WOW where has the t?  Anyways, the Dr. says I won't be able to do anything with my arms for several days, not even to drive or cook. My friend Bobby is going to be moving in with me and he'll be taking care of me. 

I can't wait to get them done. Sure I'll have a scar fromthe elbow to the armpit, but at least I'll be able to wear my shirts, blouses, and sweaters. Right now I can only wear tank tops. Getting a little chlly for those. Also please keep Bobby in your prayers, he has stage 4 lung reacurrance cancer. He starts his chemo again this Thursday.

Just wanted to pop in and give y'all the great news.  Have a great week.
 Kathy Newton

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 8:26 am - Sevierville, TN
Good luck with your surgery, Kathy. And prayers for you and Bobby.

Blessings,
Karen
Kathy Newton
on 10/7/09 4:35 am - LaVergne, TN
Thanks Karen, had I'd known the Va  would have done this also, I would have done it before, but then my weight wouldn't stabilize. I'm holding at my goal now so it's a good time for surgery.  I found out he loves sweets when he has chemo, so I made him his favorite yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Looks pretty in my crystal cake plate.  Now that I am feeling better, and won't be able to do anything for 10 after surgery, I'll be on my computer more. Bobby and my son, are going to make sure I just rest and not do anything until the Dr. says so.  Will keep y'all posted.
My prayers to all.
 Kathy Newton

Barbara D.
on 10/6/09 9:34 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
Good luck to you Kathy.  Will keep you and Bobby in my prayers.

B
Kathy Newton
on 10/7/09 4:38 am - LaVergne, TN
thank you Baboo. We sure do apprecate them. I'm so worried about him. I know cancer can reaccure, but wondering if the VA had taken the time to check him out sooner if they would have caught this before it became stage 4. We haven't talked about this yet, I think he's still in a stage of shock after just finding all this out last week. He hasn't told him family yet.  He'll be here this evening so we're going to talk tonight about it all. Please continue to pray for us. Kathy
 Kathy Newton

Most Active
Recent Topics