Any suggestions for eating at the Gaylord Oprylands in Nashville?

RazzyRobyn
on 10/3/09 12:44 pm - West Boylston, MA

Hi there.

I have to attend a conference at the Gaylord Oprylands in Nashville (in 2 months). It will be my first business trip since having RNY bypass surgery. I was just curious if any of you have any suggestions of decent restaurants there or in the area? I have to be there for 4 days.  :)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Kindly,
Robyn

Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

hollykim
on 10/3/09 2:14 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
We don't eat there often but there are many restaurants in the complex and out of the complex. Out of the complex,Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Restaurant  is always good They have grilled chicken and fish as well as veggies,etc. Inside the complex.I am sure you can get grilled meats and fish and soups. There are different styles of food,I think ,like Cajun,Italian etc. I don't recommend Bob Evans Restaurant outside the complex.
You will have a great time,even if you never leave the complex! You will be there when it is decorated for Christmas and it is like a fairyland.
Hopefully some folks who live in the area or frequent the complex will have some more concrete suggestions.
Good luck and I hope you have a great time visiting Nashville!
Blessings!
Holly

Missy C.
on 10/3/09 3:46 pm - Hendersonville, TN
there are a ton of restaurants right there in the hotel.  something should be able to accomodate... however, if you come out of the hotel and walk across the parking lot, you will be in Opry Mills mall.  There, you will find  dave and busters, Tony Roma's, Macaroni Grille, The Aquarium restaurant, Rainforest Cafe, Johnny Rockets.. and a few more not to mention the food court.  This should at least allow you to go on line and see the menus so you can prepare ahead of time.

Over in the Opryland area, it is mostly chain.  you can drive to Applebee's, Santa Fe Cattle Co, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel,  Caney Fork Fish Camp.

Most of the food in that area is fried and bad and chain but you should be able to at least get a couple of choices.   

You on facebook?  So am I.  Search for Missy French Coffman
HW/ 338  Starting Weight w/clinic /324  Surgery/307  Current/175 Goal/168

melsreturn
on 10/3/09 10:38 pm, edited 10/3/09 10:39 pm - Madison, TN
Out of all the ones that are available, and listed here in the thread, my favorite is Santa Fe! (link included)  They have really good chicken.  You can ask them to leave the toppings off , it usually comes with BBQ and cheese.  That's what I normally get, with a salad, sweet potato with nothing on it...  last time I just got brocolli with it.  Their steak is good.

RazzyRobyn
on 10/5/09 10:58 am - West Boylston, MA
Thanks for the responses! I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to going, it will be my first visit to TN. I can't wait to see the holiday lights too!

Kindly,
Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Most Active
Recent Topics