2 years ago I almost died

birdy
on 9/30/09 9:41 pm - Lexington, TN
It is 2 years since my rny surgery. I almost died because 1 of the staples nicked some thing and it took 6 pints of blood and 1 pint of plasma to stablize me so they could take me back to surgery and open me up to repair the damage.
I am still not sure if I would do it again. I have good days but a lot more bad days.
When I'm having a good day I feel so much younger than my age (68) but the bad days are really rough and I will take the blame for it because I eat the wrong food the wrong way and I don't know why I keep doing these things.
I have been down to 125 lbs but it doesn't last long. I feel so much better at that weight but I always start eating too much and get back over 130.
I would like to get down to 115 lbs. I would be still a little overweight for my height 4'11 1/2''.
Oh well I will have to try harder to get my eating under control because I have went through to much getting where I am now.
I had carpel tunnel surgery 3weeks ago and that makes 4 surgeries in 2 years. I had 2 surgeries for the rny. 9 months later I had severl hernia repaired and carpel tunnel a year later. I still have to get my other hand done in Dec.
I keep saying they have taken every thing out of me that they can so now they are repairing my parts.
I keep 2 freezers full and most of my jars are full. I keep so busy with exercing, yard work, fishing and preserving food I don't know how I find time to eat so much. 
I better get goin here and get dressed to go for our walk so I can get back and do some more canning. I hope everyone has a great day.
                                                                                                   Carolyn
zippyleah
on 10/5/09 5:23 am
Well I'm glad you're still here with us Carolyn!!

Take Care,
Zip...
Most Active
Recent Topics