X-Post First stall second week post op, come on!

tillmacc
on 9/28/09 10:52 pm - Antioch, TN
I have not lost a pound since last Thursday. I had surgery on 9/14 lost 10 lbs between 9/14 & 9/25 and not a pound since. I am as hot as fish grease!
Amy_Baggett
on 9/28/09 11:17 pm, edited 9/28/09 11:17 pm - Monterey, TN
I am so sorry about your stall,  I haven't had RNY, so this little tidbit may be all for nothing, but also drawing from my favorite show.. (The Biggest Looser) the second week is always the slump week, I know with me and my slumps/stalls it is always around "Aunt Flo's" monthly visit, which I don't know if it is real or psychological, but it happens.  Don't beat yourself up over it...  just make sure you are getting your water and exercise and you'll kick the stall!

"I'm as hot as fish grease!" just has me laughing out loud, thank you for that this morning, I knew I was mad this morning with something at school now I have words to go along with what I was feeling, but after the good laugh, you know, I'm not nearly as frustrated as I was.

HUGS

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
tillmacc
on 9/28/09 11:24 pm - Antioch, TN
Glad I could help and thanks for your encouragement!
Missy C.
on 9/29/09 1:19 am - Hendersonville, TN
 patience grasshoppa!    It took a lot of cheeseburgers, pizza and Doritos to get us to *THAT* weight.  It won't all disappear overnight.  Your body just needs to catch up with ya!  Besides, we're talking about 4 days, right?  When you get into 4 weeks, then be concerned.  

You have to remember that this is a lifelong thing.  I know, we all want it to just fall off but it doesn't happen like that.  Just keep doing what you are supposed to.  It will happen on it's own.  It is physically impossible not to lose the weight.  We have enough to stress about with the protein and pills and water and mushies etc.  The weight shouldn't be one of them.

****hugs******  it's okay, hun!   We've all been there.  
You on facebook?  So am I.  Search for Missy French Coffman
HW/ 338  Starting Weight w/clinic /324  Surgery/307  Current/175 Goal/168

sportsmom2dsg
on 9/29/09 2:00 am - TN
I had surgery on the 9th, and had a similar issue, but my scales went up 3 pounds.   I was so mad, because I thought I was doing everything right.   My mom has been staying with me, so we went over my food journal.  She said she thought the ounces was incorrect on my water bottle.   I thought she was nuts, but she was in the kitchen figuring up the bottles that I drink out of, and found out that I was not drinking enough water.    Once I corrected that, the scales went back down on the 3 pounds, but still haven't budged.   I have been assuming this is normal.  I hope your scales and mine start to move soon. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 10:25 am - Sevierville, TN
Remember you just had MAJOR surgery. It takes some time for you body to adjust to your new anatomy. It doesn't know what the hell has happened to it right now. It also takes time for you to be able to get enough calories in for your body to burn fat efficiently. Everybody stalls early. The scale with move again soon. Dont get frustrated or your will spend your journey upset. Be patient and dont weigh as often if it bothers you. You can probably expect a real stall at about 2 months out, from what I've learned. You just have to hang in there and stay on track and trust your surgery. The weight WILL come off.
Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics