Amy from Cookeville

Barbara D.
on 9/25/09 2:10 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Has anyone heard from Amy lately?  I know she had serious kidney surgery a while back and I'm wondering how she is doing?

B
k9ophile
on 9/25/09 5:44 am, edited 9/25/09 5:46 am
Amy was at our last Cookeville luncheon.  She was 4 weeks post-op from her kidney surgery and was looking fabu.  She was also laughing it up with us, so I'm assuming she was feeling as good as she looked.  I can't remember if it was John or Ronda who posted the picture of our last get together...  Just go back a few pages on this forum and see for yourself that pretty smile of our dear Amy.

Edited to add picture:)

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Ronda S.
on 9/25/09 10:35 am - Cookeville, TN
Amy called me tonight and she sounded good. Maybe she will post soon. I
believe she has just been focusing on recovering and she will be back before long.

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Amy_Baggett
on 9/25/09 10:23 pm - Monterey, TN
Awwww thank you for thinking of me!!!! 

I have been so overwhelmed with getting caught up, I was amazed at how far behind I got with the kidney surgery.  It took much more out of me than the WLS!  Then it has been an awful beginning to the school year, (more parent issues than kid issues, but that is another story!), and I'm also taking classes toward another degree.  So, I feel like I am finally getting to a point where I can breath!

I've not been around much, but feel like I can be now, and look forward to getting caught back up with everyone!    As far as my kidney surgery, I've been fully released from the doctor, I even went back to the Y yesterday for the first time in forever and boy am I sore this morning!  But it is a good sore and I'm so ready to get back on the loosing track, while I've not gained in the last 6 weeks, I've not lost either, I've just maintained.  BUT that is ok!!!

I go back in February for my six month check up and he will do another CT Scan on the right kidney, it has two tumors on it.  If they haven't grown we will leave them alone, if they are growing, well....   that is a bridge we will cross then!

I am ready for an October challenge anyone want to join me??  I love fall and Halloween is my favorite hoilday!  So maybe it is time to scare some pounds away!!

HUGS

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
Cheryl P.
on 9/29/09 1:48 am - Antioch, TN
Gald to hear that you are doing good. Sound's like you are a busy bee.......lol

I hope you and Conner and others can come down for the October Dinner Club. Jus****ch the board for more details coming real soon.

Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics