Dr Williams, Vandy, Anyone?

Alone_In_Nashville
on 9/19/09 6:33 am
I see tons of patients who have had  Dr. Dyer, Houston, Dr. Richards, but I've not seen anyone post who had Dr. Williams at Vandy for their surgeon.

I have surgery with him soon, and I'd like to hear any and all experiences with him if possible.

It is kind of unnerving that I see so many from other docs but none with this particular surgeon.

He seemed great at the seminar though, and really a likeable guy when I met him in the office.

Just nervous.

Thanks in advance!
Denise M.
on 9/19/09 7:35 am
I have Dr. Williams and I love him!

Actually, I saw him this morning at the Walk from Obesity and he made a point of approaching his patients, saying hi and asking how we were doing.  I didn't want to bug him too much with "shop talk," but told him I was looking quite forward to seeing him on Wednesday for my band adjustment.

My Lap-Band surgery was completely unremarkable--no complications, no problems.  He did a great job.  Well, I did have an allergy to the surgical scrubby juice, but that had nothing to do with him!  

He's always professional, kind and caring.  And he puts up with my goofball-ness with much dignity.  (Scott--you zip it! )

I'm very happy with my choice of surgeon!  

ErikaAnn
on 9/19/09 9:59 am - MT. JULIET, TN
I had Dr. Richards, but the whole Vandy team is wonderful--Jennifer Angus is my idol now.  I'm sure Dr. Williams will do a good job with you!

2Corinthians 5:7

SCOTT O.
on 9/19/09 11:25 am, edited 9/19/09 11:25 am - Nashville, TN
Hey, I'm one of those patients that had Dr Dyer.  And in my opinion, he's one of the best! 

But let me say this, Dr Brandon Williams is one of the finest surgeons in town.  I have never met a Dr.that goes out of his way to check on his patients as he does.  He is very kind, compassionate and really cares.  At least that's the way I felt when I met him a year ago!

Good luck!

***Oh Denise, I don't know how to zip-it!  Goofiness...you?
BamaBob54
on 9/19/09 12:51 pm - Meridianville, AL

Dr. Richards at Vandy was my surgeon but Dr. Williams assisted him.  Since Dr. Richards left Vandy for Mobile, Dr. Williams is now my Dr. He's an excellent doctor and takes a great deal of time with his patients.  He came in to check on me 2 or 3 times after my surgery. You're in great hands with Dr. Williams and the entire Vandy staff!

BamaBob54    756997.jpg picture by BamaVulcan04   ROLL TIDE!!!
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/BamaVulcan04/2661045004_3d63fb2244.jpg[/IMG]
[
Karefree
on 9/19/09 3:44 pm - Clarksville , TN
I had my RNY on September 10th, 2009 and I was originally scheduled with Dr. Richards, but Dr. Williams did my surgery. He was very caring and compassionate. The entire staff at Vanderbilt go out of their way and are great with their patients.
Kenneth C.
on 9/19/09 10:39 pm - Hendersonville, TN
Dr. Williams is a great surgeon, along with the whole team at Vanderbilt. Both myself and my wife have RNY with Dr. Williams and had he best care. He's a wonderful surgeon who went above and beyond with our care.

My wife and I also lead the post-op support group at Vanderbilt, so please join us after you have surgery. It's a great group of people.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me private message me on here.

Good luck, you're in great hands.
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Alone_In_Nashville
on 9/19/09 11:45 pm
Thank you all SO much. I feel tons better now!

Look forward to meeting you all in the post-op group!
Missy C.
on 9/20/09 1:38 am - Hendersonville, TN
 Kenny (see above) is my hubby.. as he said, we both had Dr. Williams.

I HEART THIS MAN VERY MUCH!!!!

In all honesty,  he is fabulous.  great talent, great knowledge, great bedside manner.  very personable.  I had my surgery on 12/30 and left on New Year's Eve.  I ended up having some isssues so we had to call him at 5:30am on New Year's Day.  We explained what was going on and he said, without missing a beat,  "I'll see you in about 2 hours.".  This was New Year's Day.  He showed up with bells on and took care of me.

The reason you see the differences in numbers here.... Vanderbilt takes on a lot of patients that aren't always from this area.  Very wide range of folks so they don't always hang out here on the TN board.  Also, they have TONS of patients, but I never see any of them here on OH.  Not sure why that is.  Trust me, you are in good hands.

Like Kenny said,  we run the post-op support group.  It is fairly new but is growing.  Can't wait to see you.  Until then, make sure you hit the "open to everyone" group that meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays there at 100 Oaks.  It really helps to get the "what it's really like" advice from people that are there, going there or have been there.

good luck!!!!
You on facebook?  So am I.  Search for Missy French Coffman
HW/ 338  Starting Weight w/clinic /324  Surgery/307  Current/175 Goal/168

barbiej
on 9/20/09 6:35 am - Goodlettsville, TN
Please feel secure in the staff at Vandy, they are all so awesome. And from what I've heard from several of the Vandy folks that have had Dr.Williams you'll do fine! Myspace Comment: You're A Great Friend 1Hugs Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics