Hello

Rodney29
on 9/16/09 12:51 pm
just signed up and wanted say hello.
hollykim
on 9/16/09 12:56 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Hi Rodney,
Welcome to the board. There are great folks here!
Holly

SCOTT O.
on 9/16/09 5:44 pm - Nashville, TN
Welcome Rodney!

I've learned a lot from these folks.  Just holler if you need anything!

Scott
cathyteal
on 9/16/09 10:39 pm - Arlington, TN

Hi Rodney, Glad to have you on the board.  There is lots to be learned and some Great folks on the board.  Jump right in and enjoy! 

HW/297 SW/265 CW/206 GW/165  Lowest Weight 171 (12-09)

Ronda S.
on 9/17/09 9:09 am - Cookeville, TN
Hello Rodney, I see Dr, H. is your surgeon . What kind of surgery are you having?

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Rodney29
on 9/17/09 9:46 am

He gave me a choice between the DS or the RNY. So right now I'm researching more about the DS because i hadn't been reading on that type of surgery. Because i thought my insurance didn't cover it. So if anybody has anything they would like to share about either one I would be thankful for all the info you could give me.

k9ophile
on 9/17/09 3:38 pm
There are forums for all the surgery types here on OH.  There are also a lot of scientific journal articles on the 'Net as well.  Google can be your best friend while doing some research.  Most of us have the type of surgery we had under our avatar.  Ask away!  You can always PM me for any questions you have as well. 

Best wishes on your journey to health.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

jharrington8172
on 9/18/09 8:19 am - Hermitage, TN
Welcome Rodney.   I too had the same choices from Dr. Houston when I met with him in January.   I chose the DS - but the key is research, research, research.   You must choose the surgery that YOU think will best fit you.    I would suggest going to the DS forum and the RNY forums and poke around over there as well.   I found lots of helpful information at dsfacts.com,  If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. 

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

dustydeer
on 9/18/09 1:26 pm
Hey there! Nice to meet you. I researched for 2 years before deciding to have weight loss surgery and which one. Whatever surgery you choose, you have an excellent surgeon and staff at CMC.

Best of luck!

Same for me, if you have any questions feel free to pm me and add me as a friend. I'm fresh out from surgery, but would be happy to help. There are a lot of people here and on the other threads with lots of knowledge, experience and support to offer.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

barbiej
on 9/20/09 6:58 am - Goodlettsville, TN
Rodney congratz on whatever surgery you've selected are presently deciding on. You will make the right choice when it comes down to it.  You'll be the one to know which one gets your vote, and so your journey will begin. Myspace Comment: Funny Hello 16

Most Active
Recent Topics