Awesome WOW today!

Michael S.
on 9/15/09 8:02 am
Ok,
So right now I'm training for the next 6 weeks at work.  Today a bunch of us "old-timers" (people that have been there for anywhere from 7-10 years) were talking about weight and how being in an office or a sit down job, weight packs on fast.

One of the guys that did not know that I've had WLS asked me how I avoided the dreaded weight gain after working there for 10 years.  I asked what because I'm skinny??

Of course I told them I had surgery, and show an old photo, they almost did not believe me!!

Yep!  It felt great!!  I was considered someone that is "skinny"!!  The person that even asked my, I do not consider really majorly overweight, just a little.

WOW!!

Michael.
Barbara D.
on 9/15/09 9:04 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
But Michael you now are the SKINNY ONE!!!!!!  You have done so well and I appreciate your willingness to share with others who are not where you are yet.  You and Scott are my lunch bunch heros!!!

B
Michael S.
on 9/15/09 9:16 am
Thanks!!

But you also have done very well!!

Michael.
Former Elizabeth
on 9/15/09 10:41 am
This is a wonderful Wow.   There's not much nicer than a spontaneous, genuine compliment like that.

Dennie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child"

ErikaAnn
on 9/15/09 11:18 am - MT. JULIET, TN
Isn't  WLS FUN? 

2Corinthians 5:7

SCOTT O.
on 9/15/09 5:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Three4Me
on 9/16/09 2:23 pm

WOW is right....you look amazing & are doing so great....and I agree...isn't WLS FUN!!!!

(Okay..I want to share that today I ran into a store on my way to cycling class & saw one of my daughter's preschool teacher from 2 years ago.  I stood in the same aisle as her for 5 minute & smiled twice--she smiled back but had NO idea who I was. Finally, as she walked by I said hello & had to remind her who I was.  Then she said, "Oh my gosh, some of the moms at school said they saw you at the Y & you had lost a ton of weight, but I had no idea that was you".  That was so nice to hear!)

You are a WOW guy!! Keep it up, skinny man!!  Micheala.

Preop Weight 293/SW 289/CW 202.3/GW 165/LW158

t2nashville
on 9/17/09 5:45 am
Great WOW moment for you, Michael. And for you, Michaela! It's so nice to get validation, isn't it? When we can't see it ourselves, others see it and remind us of how far we've come. It's a blessing!

Susan J.
on 9/17/09 10:46 pm - Madison, TN

Didn't I tell you that you don't look like you've ever been overweight?? You are officially one of the "Skinny Dudes"!

What a great WOW moment!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 9/18/09 10:29 am
Thanks Susan!!

Michael
Most Active
Recent Topics