Biotin Works For Me

hollykim
on 9/13/09 12:36 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Hi All,
I don't post much but I read every day.
I am preop but have been taking vitamins and various supplements for about the last 6 months or so,including Biotin 1000 mg a day.
I noticed this weekend a whole bunch of new hair growing out from the hairline on my forehead. They have just gotten long enough to hang out and show a little.
So,for those inquiring minds...yes, Biotin works for me!
Holly

melsreturn
on 9/13/09 2:26 pm - Madison, TN
I also wanted to add that with the recent news about probiotics being good for weight loss surgery patients, I decided to add it to my daily regime.  It took away the bloating in my stomach within about a week, and I notice that food consumption does not tend to upset my stomach anymore.  The study also showed that weight loss surgery patients who used probiotics also lost more weight than weight loss surgery patients who did not.  It might be worth a try for you if you're experiencing stomach distress, bloating, irritable bowel symptoms, etc. Ask your surgeon. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/09 2:32 pm - Sevierville, TN

I havent had any hair loss yet. I keep it short because I like it this way but even if it starts falling out I dont think I will do Biotin because I've heard about ladies getting hair where they dont want hair from taking it.
Karen

Former Elizabeth
on 9/13/09 11:21 pm
I've been wondering about the Biotin.   On the DS board a lot of people recommend it for the hair loss etc.   I don't have much hair to begin with, but I don't seem to be losing hair after my surgery, either.   But my husband was going to pick up some probiotic for me when he was at the store, and got Biotin instead because the bottle looks similar.   So maybe I'll give it a try - it's supposed to support more than just hair growth.

Dennie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child"

Most Active
Recent Topics