WOW Moment - What a HOOT!

cathyteal
on 9/13/09 4:29 am - Arlington, TN
I just realized that my BMI is 29.1,  On the BMI Calculator, this means I am just OVERWEIGHT NOT OBESE!   I guess that means that I'm just FAT now.......not REAL REAL FAT.....or REAL REAL REAL REAL FAT  which would equate to morbidly obese. ( I HATE these labels) 

Who would have ever thought?  It puts it all in perspective that this journey is just one personal thrill after another.  Even though it may be SLOW sometimes, as it has been for me.  It just makes me smile when I reach these milestones.  WHAT AN INCREDIBLE WOW MOMENT 
HW/297 SW/265 CW/206 GW/165  Lowest Weight 171 (12-09)

Kathy P.
on 9/13/09 4:59 am - Port Orchard, WA
Yippeee!  Congrats Cathy! You look fabulous and are doing amazing! I know I was excited to be "obese" !
Keep up the good work woman!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/09 6:56 am - Sevierville, TN
Congrats, Cathy. I'm almost there myself. A few pounds away. Also 10 pounds from onderland. Each milestone is more exciting than the last.
Karen
Former Elizabeth
on 9/13/09 11:29 pm
Congratulations!   That's a milestone, that's for sure.

Dennie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child"

Three4Me
on 9/14/09 6:25 am

Cathy--CONGRATS dahling! You are Wow-ing us all! 

These milestones DO just keep getting better...I just noticed that I only have 22 pounds to goal....which, in turn, means I am only 22 pounds "over weight"...(actually, 164 is the high end of "normal" for me at 5'8", so that's 13 pounds to "normal")....and when I got to thinking about walking around this Earth and only having 13--or even 22--pounds to lose to be a normal weight it floored me.  Six months ago this week I was just a few pounds from 300 pounds!  It's mindblowing & makes me so happy!!!

I heard someone say once that losing weight wouldn't make you "happy"....I guess I was pretty happy before, but, personally, it sure is a HOOT!  Every morning when I wake up & every night before I go to bed at some point I think happy thoughts about my weight loss--those thoughts replace how ill I felt about my weight at almost 300 pounds.  Happy. :).

Preop Weight 293/SW 289/CW 202.3/GW 165/LW158

Most Active
Recent Topics