Need a girdle?

melsreturn
on 3/25/09 11:27 am - Madison, TN

Susan, I CAN ONLY DREAM OF DOUBLE D'S!  Heck I use the full breast forms and I'm a C.  sometimes I wish I had D or double D's!!  As long as they are really perky though!

The only problem I have to worry about with my girls is "how long will the adhesive on these suckers work before needing a new pair?"  lol

ErikaAnn
on 3/25/09 12:47 pm - MT. JULIET, TN
 So far my favorite is Spanx--although I count putting them on as a IDGOMB!

2Corinthians 5:7

Rasheeda B.
on 5/16/14 4:50 am

Have you tried the body magic?

GoBlueGirl1998
on 5/16/14 5:33 am - MI

I have become obsessed with yummi tummy high waist short with slip. I hear your frustrations and I have wasted money on more than a few shapewear products. Yummi tummi is the first product I have liked and I feel like I haven't wasted money on. It may be worth checking the website out!

EverydayDiva
on 5/16/14 6:33 am

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I must have $1,000 worth of shapers that just don't for me. Yet I keep holding on to them hoping that 'in a few more pounds' they'll suddenly start working their magic!

Years ago Barely There made a wonderful cotton/spandex shaper that didn't roll down at the waist or up at the thighs. It was nice and thick, but lightweight and breathable since it was all cotton. Extra tummy control panel in front, with a nice shaped back panel that didn't squash your rear. The perfect garment. And of course, I can't find it ANYWHERE anymore. The ones I bought were from Target, but they don't seem to carry it anymore and my online searches have turned up nothing.  Has anyone seen these anywhere?

For leggings I have found some nice ones that come in a nice thick lycra spandex with a tummy control panel at Wal-Mart made by Sweet Nothings. They come in capri and longer lengths, and look cute under shorter dresses (my legs aren't fit for public viewing).

Hope this helps!

VSG Surgery Date 05/21/14      

toms_0321
on 4/3/16 5:33 am

I believe from some of the reserach I have done that wearing a vintage girdle daily will very much aid in keeping people from becoming obese.  What a decent well fitted girdle does will help in lilmiting your portions when eating.  A girdle also worn daily will help you lose weight. 

toms_0321
on 10/3/17 5:11 am

A vintage girdle back during the Golden Age of Girdles (40ties, 50ties, 60ties), was a woman best kept secret. Women loved their girdles and wore a girdle everyday, and for good reason your clothes fit much better, your posture was a 100 % improved, and surprisingly you really did feel great with much more energy and confidence. Wearing a girdle daily also helps keep your weight under control and helps you limit your portion. Interesting enough there are also serious health benefits to being daily girdled, as humans standing erect along with gravity and time has a very negative effect on our internal organs, wearing a vintage girdle will give you needed control and support and hold your internal organs in their normal natural position.

The key to experience the real benefits of being in a vintage girdle like Rago 6210 which is a long legged high waisted boned and zippered panty girdle is to if you can find a professional corsetiere who can help you with getting the right kind of girdle and fit, plus help you with some girdle training.

You might find what I came up with as helpful: https://toms0321.wordpress.com/

In my case I come from the Golden Age of Girdles, and I have always wondered are there real benefits to daily being girdled. As I became older I started to get a belly with lower back pains, plus poor posture and low energy. I found a corsetiere who I found was very helpful. I set up meeting in her office she asked me certain question about my life style how active am I. I am fairly active. Then she measured my hips and waist. She determined that I needed a fair amount of stomach and back support, but a corset would be too limiting because of my level of activity. That is why she choose a long legged high waisted boned and zippered panty girdle for everyday wear.

Going through Girdle Training is quite an experience, she picked a girdle that was 2 sizes smaller - a girdle does need to be a little tight but not too tight just tight enough to give you needed stomach and back support.

The corsetiere had to teach me how to put on a girdle, lay down on my bed, lean way back pull up my knees and pull up my girdle, hook the hooks and eyes pull up the zipper and stand up. Wow was I amazed how great I felt being well encased and supported is really a great feeling.

The corsetiere told me to always keep my stomach muscles relaxed and just rely on the girdle to support my posture. She explained this takes some getting use to from a few weeks to even months, but the benefits are there, which I found out she was correct. By keeping my stomach muscles relaxed and letting the girdle support me I felt so much better with much more energy, I was pleasantly surprised.

The corsetiere then told me to develop a daily routine, wake up clean up and put on my girdle and go on with my day. Developing a daily routine can take a few weeks to months. Following what the corsetiere taught me over a period of time you find you really love being in a girdle.

It is really is beyond me after I experienced the benefits of being in a girdle everyday why women wouldn't want to be in a girdle. Women wear a bra but no girdle, when both a bra and girdle do go together and compliment each other.

Come and visit us at http://www.voy.com/224381/ and tell us about your girdle experience.

toms_0321
on 1/23/18 5:32 am

My story is as I became older I started to get a belly (not fat belly) which effected my posture with lower back pains, clothes not fitting right with a mild case of scolosis. I went to the corsetiere for a solution. She recommended I should daily be in a vintage panty girdle that was high waisted boned and zippered Rago 6210. She measured my hips and waist and put me through girdle training. I was totally amazed what it was like to have your stomach well controlled and firmly supported by a vintage girdle. My posture improved 100% sitting standing, no more lower back pains, clothes fit much much better, and surprising when I kept my stomach muscles relaxed and the girdle gave me needed control and support I found to my pleasant surprise I had much more energy and confidence, I was amazed. I also found that daily wearing a girdle helps my diet by limiting my portions and keeping me from getting fat.

If you are interesting in discussing your girdle experience come to http://www.voy.com/224381/

If you want to learn more about girdle training come to: https://toms0321.wordpress.com/

Former Elizabeth
on 3/26/09 8:28 am, edited 3/26/09 9:27 am
I'd like something about the size and shape of spanx only made of more forgiving material.   Stretchier maybe, or thicker, softer?   Something.   I only have one Spanx but the fabric separated at the waistband so I only wear it for special occasions now.  I like the relatively normal waistband and the thigh length shaper.  

Oh - and I'd like a cotton gussett for obvious reasons.   I'd like it to be removable to go to the bathroom and not have to remove my other garmets in order to get the shapewear back on.    That's why I'm not interested in the whole-body shapers - I don't want a thingie to open up when I "go."   But that's just me.

Dennie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child"

Most Active
Recent Topics