TennCare Fraud

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/08 2:48 am - Sevierville, TN
I have been accused by a member of this board of TennCare fraud. I decided to explain a little more of my situation before anyone else accuses me of dishonesty. I've had TennCare since 1996 when I was approved for SSI based on mental illness. I have Schizoaffective Disorder that is well controlled now. When my husband's insurance was offered to him a few years ago, it turned out to be more than we could afford for the premiums. We decided I and my son would keep TennCare and my husband would pay a reduced rate to cover himself alone. Some employers provide their workers with free health insurance. My husband's doesn't. In fact, they usually don't stay with the same company for more then a year or so. I was unaware that being unable to afford insurance was TennCare fraud. I want to be clear that my choice to stay on TennCare had nothing to do with the fact  that it covers weight loss surgery. When the decision was made I hadn't even considered the possibility of weight loss surgery. I hope no one else here thinks bad of me because of this. Blessings, Karen
Phil P.
on 5/13/08 4:24 am - TN
Karen, Tenncare and SSI are a seperate situation. When Tenncare was first established, those who quallified for SSI and was unisureable quallified for Tenncare. I too fell under that catagory when I was out of work and spent some time in a stress unit. Because of my disability, I am on Medicare. But my Tenncare is secondary. Because of the way Tenncare was first established, the wordding includes all of us that ever recieved a SSI check. This Grandfatherd clause is what I believe the state legislature is trying to change. Phil_P
Elizabeth O.
on 5/13/08 7:42 am - nashville, TN

Karen,  I am so sorry that someone on THIS board had the audacity to accuse you of TennCare fraud.  That chaffes my A**!  Until we walk in someone else's shoes we should not accuse.  This board is a support system and a way of connecting for a lot of people, you included.  To accuse someone like this is down right disrespectful!!!!!  I apologize for whomever thinks that you have committed fraud.  There was no need in that.  I have not seen the post or pm that you are referring to, but I do know you have kept us informed about TennCare and its many changes.  There may be a day that the rest of us will have to enroll in TennCare and may God bless us all!

Try and have a good day!

Beth

F.R.O.G.  -  Fully Rely on God!  For He IS GOOD!  

http://www.youravon.com/elizabethoneal

betsyboo01
on 5/13/08 10:06 am

I also have Tenn-Care Blue Care and was told that Dr. Dyer (out of network) will submit my paperwork for approval.  Have you found that Tenn Care will not cover this surgery?

Krissystanley
on 8/3/14 3:09 am

Did blue care approve?

jenspen
on 5/13/08 11:55 am - Knoxville, TN
Karen, it is sad that you feel like you have to explain to ANYONE your situation, but I understand why you did.  Good luck to you on your journey!! Hugs, Jenspen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jenspen - 37 yo, SAHM of (2 Boys 6&4yo), Wife for 10 years HW 306/SW 295/ GW160

Revision from RNY to DS 9/22/2009

Jane O.
on 5/13/08 12:54 pm
Karen, I too apologize for whomever decided this was their business!  All this insurance stuff just boggles my mind, and I want you to hold your head high and ignore the rude person who said that about you.  I wish you all the best!  Jane O
Nsg4Him
on 5/13/08 7:53 pm - Sevierville, TN
You go Beth!!! Karen, I, too, am concerned that someone would accuse you of fraud.  I am sorry that happened.  We are here to support you and appreciate your input. Marilyn

Marilyn
                      Smoky Mountain Obesity and WLS Support Group 
                    1/17 6:30 LeConte Medical Center              

Susan J.
on 5/13/08 11:28 pm - Madison, TN
It's a sad fact of life that there will always be those who confuse SUPPORT with CONTROL. I do hope you will be able to ignore the criticism of whoever it was who felt they had the right to accuse you of fraud. Unless someone knows ALL the details, they need to keep their accusations to themself. Please know that the majority of this board is just cheering you on and praying for approval and a surgery date.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Bob L.
on 5/14/08 6:48 am - Clarksville, TN
It's a sad fact of life that there will always be those who confuse SUPPORT with CONTROL.  Boy, Susan that is probably the single most perfect sentence.  How can you add too that. If we can all just use that as a guide line.  I too am sorry you felt you needed to explain yourself.  Best of luck we're in your corner. C'ya Bob

Most Active
Recent Topics