MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

KELLY H.
on 7/18/12 11:52 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 If you TennCare/Medicaid don't go to the seminar at Gateway.  They do not take the insurance.  I didn't find out until after I drove all the way up there. Go to this one instead and save yourself the time. 

http://www.cumberlandbariatricinstitute.com/free-seminar

Keikei_86
on 7/19/12 3:34 pm - Antioch, TN
 I talked to a bariactric nurse cordinader from GATEWAY and they DO accept TENNCARE as long as its AMERICHOICE!!! So I sent a requested for a change of insurance since Iam on AMERIGROUP so fingers crossed and prays being said that they approve my request of change!!
KELLY H.
on 7/20/12 1:22 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 All I got was an email saying "We don't take your insurance,  sorry."   They didn't bother telling me that they take Americhoice.   The lady that did the insurance had just quit when I went to my seminar and she was in her last two weeks so maybe she wasn't feeling very sharing with information.  Good luck!
KELLY H.
on 6/21/12 7:24 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 Just kidding,  after going to the seminar and filling out all the paper work,  I find out that Dr. Sahagian is NOT in network with Amerigroup.  I was fed up so I called the insurance and requested a case manager.  He gave me a few names but after calling them,  they didn't take it either.  It took a office girl at one of those doctors to tell me the name of Dr. Kent at Cumberland Bariatric Institute (Lebanon) who is in network and is accepting it (apparently they have to be both).  I called the office immediately and told them my issues and they assured me that he DOES and has done at least two surgeries for patients with Amerigroup/Medicaid. 

Bottom line,  fight for it,  call the insurance,  request a case manager,  and don't give up until you find a surgeon who accepts it.  It is covered by Medicaid so do not give up!

This will be my 4th seminar with as many doctors!

DaDivaDSTnee
on 6/22/12 2:49 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
 I agree....I'll probably be going to many more seminars to try and get this surgery but I'm going to do it because I'm a fighter
KELLY H.
on 7/12/12 4:33 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 I just went to the seminar for Dr. Kent in Lebanon a few days ago.  I am not going to lie,  I don't think he's been doing it a long time but he does accept Amerigroup and Americhoice.   He seemed nice enough but it's no where near big a practice as Cenntenial or Gateway.  I am going to my first appointment next week.   I will  post about him on his page if he has one here. 

He does NOT do gastric bypass only gastric sleeve and the lap band but he DOES accept Medicaid.   There is hope for those stuck on state insurance!
Keikei_86
on 7/18/12 8:13 pm - Antioch, TN
 I am new to all this. I'm not from this state so I'm having trouble find a surgeon. I am on state insurance so any way u coul guide me. I know about gateway but I don't know the surgeons? And is Clarksville the only place I can go on tenncare!?
KELLY H.
on 7/18/12 11:48 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 I went to Gateway and they DO NOT take Amerigroup/Medicaid.  Apparently,  there used to be a doctor with their practice who did but he is no longer there.  Dr. Kent in Lebanon does.  I am seeing him now.  He is very nice and his office staff is super great.  He is with Cumberland Bariatric Institute.  

Google it and you shouldn't have a problem finding them.  

Good luck!
janetatum
on 7/22/12 12:26 am
 I am very uncomfortable with posting at all about this situation, but I found myself very unhappy with Dr. Dyer on my last visit.   My surgery was 8.31.11 and has been uneventful in the recovery.  My weight loss has been slowed by a failure of a spinal fusion and some neurpathic pain as resultant.   I have been more than a little frustrated with the weight loss being so slow and found myself blasted when I went into Dr Dyer's office last time.    I don't want to go back there at all, but I am at a loss as to how to become established somewhere else as the surgery was done at Centennial.   I hope that others going there have a more positive relationship, because I am really frightened as to what I would do if I have problems?  Does another MD in TN accept Medicare?    Thanks for your responses to this very pressing question.
jen73076
on 9/19/12 3:55 am - Blountville, TN
Surgical group of Johnson City- Dr. Watson and Dr. Hodge
They accept medicare and bluecare medicaid
423-975-0765
Surgical Group of Johnson City
Johnson City, TN
Most Active
Recent Topics