MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

lacylacy421
on 7/18/09 12:19 am, edited 7/18/09 12:20 am - wildersville, TN

Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
The Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity has been recognized for having a  

Dr. David N. Dyer takes medicare and medcaid

Dr. Hugh L. HoustonDr. Dyer has an extensive

background in laparoscopic

surgery, specializing in many

major gastrointestinal

procedures as well as access for

minimally invasive spine

surgery.

Specialties: Bariatric and General Surgery

Languages: English

Medical School: University of Tennessee School of Medicine

Board Status: The American Board of Surgery

Residency: University of Tennessee

well-integrated program that helps promote patient

safety and team support to bariatric surgery patients. 

In addition, the surgical program offers patients long-

term follow-up from nutritionists and other disciplines

to help them manage and control their weight.  Free

informational seminars on our program are offered

several times every month.

2300 Patterson Street

Nashville, TN 37203

Centennial MedicalCenterTelephone: (615) 342-1000

Heather R.
on 8/16/09 12:12 pm - Knoxville, TN
If you have TENNCare Blue Care then you have to try to other services TENNCare offers before they will allow you to be approved for surgery. There are also guidelines that apply when they review your case. www.tennessee.gov/tenncare/forms/bariatric.pdf this is a link to the TENNCare PDF page that explains their guidelines in accepting and approving you for surgery. Something may have changed, but it's not likely or they would have posted a new set of pages informing people about the change.
I hope this helps!
~I am worth more than I tend to give myself credit for~
TINANMAXK
on 12/2/09 10:00 am
HELP!!!! I live near Chattanooga Tennessee. I had to drive 14 hrs to Detroit MI to have my surgery! I had my lapband done Sept.26th 2009 and I cannot find a DR that will take Medicare anywhere near me if any one knows a DR please contact me! Thanks Tina P.S. I need my first fill.
C3m13p16
on 2/24/10 10:27 am - Knoxville, TN
Dr. Mancini at UT Medical Center in Knoxville takes some TennCare insurances, but not all.  I'm not sure about medicare, but it can't hurt to ask.  It's a pair of brothers, Dr. Matthew and Gregory Mancini.  The PA is named Lynn and It's a great program. 

The University of Tennessee Medical Center
Tennessee Weight Loss and Surgery Center
1928 Alcoa Highway
Medical Building A, Suite 240
Knoxville, TN  37920

lithium
on 4/1/10 7:59 pm - bluff city, TN
i have medicare and it took me 13 years of fighting with private insurance until i became disabled, got medicare and my dr who is my angel who i know has saved my life is Dr, Andrew P Kramer. he is in kingsport, tn Kramer, Andrew DO - Surgical Associates-Kingsport

his phone number is 423-224-5699.. he has a special office behind holsten valley hospital where he does his weight loss surgery stuff and see patients there. i do not know the address you will need to call the office but this guy is a complete angel from heaven and he has had the surgery himself and the fact that he takes medicare shows me he is not in it for the money like Dr. watson in Johnson City, Tn is. i have read on this site that dr kramer has an attitude and no bedside manor but with me he was a sweet angel and understands me and seemed to understand the urgency i had because i have been trying to get the operation for so many years. i did all the classes he required and psych eval and one support group meeting and when i was finished with all that i got a surgery date in less than a week and i thank God for him. i had surgery on march 16th and i already feel better and i have more health problems than i can even list and i have 16 precription meds im suppossed to take. i have bad lungs and a bad heart and this man was brave enough to take a chance on me because he compasionate and he knew as well as i do in another year or so i would for sure be dead from another stroke or heart attack. i was only in the hospital 2 days and i believe if this guy can do laproscopic on me he could probably do it on a whale cuz i was 465lbs 5 feel 3 inches and all my fat is in my belly and upper area..

if this was too much info feel free to edit it. i don't know about medicaid but as of march 16th 2010 he did take medicare cuz he took me :-)
Pam Davis
on 4/13/11 8:57 am - Franklin, TN
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity is now accepting new Medicare patients for bariatric surgery. Medicare guidelines for weight loss surgery have changed, making it easier to qualify. If your body mass index (BMI) is 35 or greater and you have a qualifying health condition such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, etc., you may qualify under Medicare. Click here to check your BMI.   To insure you meet Medicare guidelines, we will need the following information; 1.     Medical records from your doctor documenting your weight and health issues for the last two years. We will request this for you. 2.     Recent lab work from your doctor showing you do not have an endocrine problem such as thyroid disease. We will request this for you. 3.     Letter of Support from your doctor, stating they feel weight loss surgery will help you. We will request this for you. 4.     A psychological evaluation. To attend a free informational seminar to learn more, please call (615) 342-1919. To begin the process prior to attending a seminar, please click here to complete our health questionnaire. Final clearance for surgery will be determined at the surgeon consultation.   Thank you,
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

KELLY H.
on 6/5/12 7:20 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 So far there are still no surgeons accepting new patient's with Amerigroup/TennCare medicaid? I'll take one within 100 miles of Nashville!!
DaDivaDSTnee
on 6/21/12 2:00 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
Nope, there are still none...I don't understand why you cover it if you can't find any surgeons to take the insurance. That's so stupid to me. Like I've been trying for almost 2 years with different companies and I've not found one insurance company that I've had that will pay for it. I'm so frustrated!!!
KELLY H.
on 6/7/12 5:41 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 Dr. Kirk Sahagain in Clarksville takes Amerigroup.  He called me himself this morning! I go to the seminar in two weeks and hopefully move forward from there.  YAY!
Keikei_86
on 7/18/12 8:26 pm - Antioch, TN
 Hey are u going this coming Monday??
Most Active
Recent Topics