MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Bela G.
on 6/29/09 8:54 am
I called Memorial Weight Loss Center in Chattanooga today and was told that none of the doctors performing WLS surgery there accept any kind of TennCare anymore.  Bummer.

catwoman
on 4/5/09 4:28 am, edited 4/5/09 4:31 am - Knoxville, TN
The Surgical Group of Johnson City,MPC
 2333 Knob Creek Road, Suit 16
Johnson City, TN 37604

Phone: (423) 975-0764
Fax: (423) 975-0141

Dr. Hodge or Dr. Watson

Does weight Loss Surgery and they do Take Medicaid.

Dr. Hodge did my surgery and he is honest and straight forward and does not lie to you about the surgery either. He will tell you or his staff will tell you what steps you need to do to have your insurance approve the surgery.
  I had Blue Care and I got approve two days after I did all the steps and the paper was sent in. I still see Dr.Hodge . He is a good surgeon and doctor. He is one of the best surgeon's I have ever had. They really do care for you. Anytime of day or night they are there to answer your questions too. 
   And you can work with your pcp and do not have to change. Your pcp and Dr.Hodge all work together to help you get the surgery you need to help your life improve for the best. They are really good. And I did not get charged for any hidden fees either. I did not have to pay for a thing. And they will call and check up on you too. That is a good doctor . 
  I could not get one of my meds. approved  and they sent me the meds. free of charge. And kept on until I did not need the after stomach pills. They are that good and caring. 
  Sincerely,
Tina
aerysta
on 5/1/09 10:57 am - Greenbrier , TN
Hi guys,  I know that CMC accepts TennCare and I was excited enough about that. I just filed for insurance last week and I hadn't recieved my paperwork in the mail yet.  I called to go ahead and schedule a seminar to get it out of the way and I couldn't because I didn't know if I had Bluecare or Americhoice.  Now, I know Americhoice is not good because they don't work with CMC. 

Here's my question,  do you get to pick or are you assigned?  I emailed TennCare and hadn't heard back.  I am new to Tennesse so I don't exactly know how Medicaid works. 

When I got the email saying that yes they do work with TennCare I swear to you I burst into tears as if they said they were going to the surgery tomorrow!

Thanks,

Kelly
msmarilyn68
on 5/2/09 12:46 pm - Wartrace, TN
Not exactly sure but I am on Amerigroup and my surgery date is May 5, 2009.  And I fought jumped hoops for 1 year and 5 months before getting approval. And when using CMC you the doctors are out of network but Tenncare will negotiate with the doctor and usually it will be Dr.Dyer or Dr. Olsen. I just adore Dr.Olsen.
aerysta
on 5/2/09 1:56 pm, edited 5/2/09 1:56 pm - Greenbrier , TN
Did you choose the RYN or did they suggest it?
eagleslady529
on 4/13/11 7:55 am - Memphis, TN
 Hi Kelly,

TennCare can be difficult, at least in Shelby County where I am at. They keep giving me numbers for Gastroenterologists. I do not think that they know the difference.

Robyn
jaya_renee
on 7/15/12 6:28 pm - Memphis, TN
Robyn,
I too live in Memphis & wa unable to find a doctor because the 2 drs that did accept tncare left back in 2008 so I ended up having my surgery done with Dr. Dyer in Nashville. Easy process & he is wonderful!

Regina
Jemille33
on 11/1/15 6:02 am

Being from the Memphis area myself. How did that work for you with doctor appointments going back and forth as well as the time it took you to have the surgery

msmarilyn68
on 5/2/09 2:58 pm - Wartrace, TN
I chose the Lap Band and then changed my mind after even more research. The only problem I faced was getting my case manager to understand that I had indeed changed my mind.

ms.marilyn68

sw313/cw258/gw150
Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees,
you're in the perfect position to pray!

Angela Goode
on 7/12/09 6:14 am - Talbott, TN
Tennessee Weight Loss & Surgery Center
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN
Dr Greg Mancini and Dr Matthew Mancini

http://www.utmedicalcenter.org/cms/Tennessee+Weight+Loss+%25 26+Surgery+Center/1926.html

Accepts Medicaid Tenncare Americhoice but NOT Medicare

The University of Tennessee Medical Center
1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, Tennessee
37920-6969

Telephone: 1.865.305.9000.
To make an appointment, call 1.877.UT.CARES (1.877.882.2737)

~Angela Goode
Most Active
Recent Topics