MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:42 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

mommafive5
on 12/3/07 2:52 am - Halls, TN

go to foothillsweightloss.com or call 865 984-3413 dr. colquitt does accept medicare!!!!! he is awesome  there program can't be beat  

annrenee2
on 12/8/07 1:27 am - Knoxville, TN
I was gonna give that same information thank you sandy. Annrenee

Kathy Newton
on 12/21/07 8:05 am - LaVergne, TN
I agree with the other two postings.  He was my surgeon, he's out of Maryville just south on Knoxville.  He really takes care that you have no complications and is always there for you.   I went thru 11 denials, found out I had leukemia and two months later he said he would do my surgery as long as he received an clearance from my oncologist regarding my blood counts.  She was more then happy to comply.  I will be two yrs old in January.  He's tops in my book.  Never heard any anyone complaining about Dr. Colquitt.  Kathy
 Kathy Newton

Sophia Maria
on 12/22/07 7:44 am
Dr Willie Melvin III at Vanderbilt in Nashville TN takes Medicare.
petsitter
on 12/12/08 6:03 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Hi Sophia Maria, beautiful name by the way, I have Dr. Melvin too. He did Lapband on me 06/2006. Didn't work for me, and I am now considering RNY, but worried I'll sabotage that too. How has it worked for you? Did you having an easier time with craving and emotional eating after the surgery? (I'm wonderingabout it because the band is only restrictive and I think the RNY might actually have an effect on you digestive chemistry, as well as being restrictive and malabsorptive.
Sophia Maria
on 12/12/08 7:01 am
On December 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM Pacific Time, petsitter wrote:
Hi Sophia Maria, beautiful name by the way, I have Dr. Melvin too. He did Lapband on me 06/2006. Didn't work for me, and I am now considering RNY, but worried I'll sabotage that too. How has it worked for you? Did you having an easier time with craving and emotional eating after the surgery? (I'm wonderingabout it because the band is only restrictive and I think the RNY might actually have an effect on you digestive chemistry, as well as being restrictive and malabsorptive.
Petsitter

Dr Melvin is good.
talk to him and ask him to bypass a good amount of intestine so you will not still be the obese catagory.

I am 3+ years out I started at 306 and I am still considered obese. But then I am also 54. And I have had other non weight loss surgery related problems since my wls surgery so I could not vigirirousely exercise.

But I can honestly say I have no true hunger pains EVER.
This year I did become low in Vit D and had to take a RX of Vit D.

But over all I am happy with the RNY just wished I would of had more weight loss. I want to lose 50 more.
purplefeather
on 1/4/09 2:17 am
can you give me dr. melvin's phone number! thanks
Sophia Maria
on 5/2/09 1:48 pm
On January 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM Pacific Time, purplefeather wrote:
can you give me dr. melvin's phone number! thanks
 I rarely come to this forum.
Sorry for the delay.
Vanderbilt
Department of General Surgery
Nashville TN
615-322-8134

msmarilyn68
on 5/2/09 12:41 pm - Wartrace, TN
Sophia,
     I saw that Dr. Melvin was your surgeon. I just have to tell you that I simply adore this man. In Oct. 04 I was pregnant and needed a surgeon to remove my gall bladder and this was being pregnant and also being told 18 years earlier that I would never be able to get pregnant. The lovely man did my surgery, took care of me and my baby. He is the best but I have to have my surgery through Centennial. I would love to see him again.     Marilyn Sanders
Most Active
Recent Topics