Recent Posts

Trisha
on 6/28/05 3:27 pm - Glendale, AZ
Topic: Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope
Just a suggestion/tip.... Instead of guessing how much postage to put on a self-addressed-stamped-envelope for the swaps, get a priority mail FLAT RATE envelope. It's only $3.85 and no matter how much it weighs you won't owe for more postage. Jenn sent that and I'm like - wow!! What a a great idea!! That's what I plan to do for the scrapbook page and card swaps in July. It's hot enough in Phoenix, I don't need the pressure of calculating postage! Hugs, Trisha
Trisha
on 6/28/05 3:23 pm - Glendale, AZ
Topic: RE: Put your thinking caps on - I Need ideas - HELP!
The great thing about the internet is you can find everything on there! Restaurants, bars, logos, mascots, pics of dorms/frat houses, etc. Go to school website and go to various pages. You might also want to put historical events that happened while he was in school - like 9/11, 2000 election (Bush won, no Gore won, no Bush won, no Gore won, etc. LOL), Saddam being captured, Rocket falling from space, movies that came out, Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" etc. And you can print out in color all these events with news articles (www.drudgereport.com) and also journal entries like where you or your son were during event, your thoughts, etc. Sounds like a great gift!!! Hugs, Trisha
Trisha
on 6/28/05 3:16 pm - Glendale, AZ
Topic: RE: got 'em
I sent out all that I got, only four were mailed in, plus mine so that was five. I look forward to the next card swap!!
Trisha
on 6/28/05 3:13 pm - Glendale, AZ
Topic: 6x6 question
Okay, I'll be doing my 6x6's this week and getting them in the mail by Saturday. Been so busy lately!! This is my first time doing a scrapbook page layout swap. I feel silly asking this question, but what kind of paper base do I use? All the scrapbooks that I've bought are spiral bound 12x12. Do I just tear out a page and cut it in half or what? I'm new to all this. I know what kind of layout I'll be doing, but just need to know what kind of paper base to use. Confused, Trisha
Dawn C.
on 6/28/05 4:27 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: Questions about card swaps
Thanks! I responded to Jennifer U on the link you provided. This will get me to use all those stamps I seem to be collecting! Dawn
Dawn C.
on 6/27/05 10:43 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: RE: July 20th Happy Birthday swaps due/Sign Here.
I am new to the board and would like to join this swap! You will have to fill me in on the rules. Are the cards due to you by July 20th? Are these general birthday cards? Thanks, Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/05 12:00 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 11/28/05 with
You might be able to find pictures of his favorite places, school, etc on the internet. I made some labels for my niece by getting pictures of the college she attends, the sorority seal, etc and the french horn which she has played since 6th grade from the internet. She loved them and just recently asked me to make her some more. Maybe someone could scan some pictures for you and send them via email..then you could print them out. Have fun..I love scrapbooking! Nancy
judyanne
on 6/27/05 11:37 am - Duarte, CA
Topic: RE: got 'em
Whose card is missing? There were six of us! Judy
firemom1
on 6/27/05 1:05 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Topic: got 'em
YEA!!!! You guys are awesome. Loved the cards. (yes, I got 5 also) Luci
Tonya M.
on 6/26/05 5:36 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
You might contact a local scrapbook store (to your son) and see if they have any paper for the school. I know our local ones do... Here is a cool idea: http://scrapbooking.about.com/library/weekly/blschoollayouts1.htm http://www.schoolscraps.com/ideagallery/01.htm Scrapbook any of the following: Medals Jewelry Buttons Pins Ticket Stubs Greeting Cards Postcards Maps Sometimes it is best to make a color copy of the item... I would go online to his school and see if you can get the logo or any brochures. Don't forget the power of your journaling. Tonya
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 429 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views